Hot girls/beautiful ladies: would you find a really skinny, nerdy, yet nice guy attractive?

He is very lanky, flat-chested, wears glasses, and somewhat socially awkward. Yet he’s nice and sensitive.

You’re definitely out of his league physically speaking at least. Would you ever consider him over the typical flamboyant hunk?

How might the skinny nerdy guy win you over?

Most Helpful Guy

• That's pretty much me! lol

Some girls like me.

But I don't think they are attracted to me physically.

But they like my personality.

Read this quote:

When you start to really know someone, all his physical characteristics start to disappear. You begin to dwell in his energy, recognize the scent of his skin. You see only the essence of the person, not the shell. That’s why you can’t fall in love with beauty. You can lust after it, be infatuated by it, want to own it. You can love it with your eyes and body but not your heart. And that’s why, when you really connect with a person’s inner self, any physical imperfections disappear, become irrelevant.

- Lisa Unger

• Thanks man!

Good luck!

• Thats a really cool quote. Thanks *steals it*

• Thanks for best answer! :)

What Girls Said 40

• You are describing my boyfriend entirely. I'm not quite sure how hot or beautiful I am but I've dated quite a few physically amazing guys and never found what I wanted. I'm small, 5'4", athletic and muscular, and very social. Now I'm with a great guy who is skinny, not really muscular, 5'7", wear glasses, socially awkward, but wonderfully nice. Most people tell me that I'm out of his league but I don't care. I fell for my nerd when we geeked out together over some differential equations (we're both math majors).

As lame as it is to hear, be yourself. Confident in who you are. Confidence is uber sexy?

• That's awesome. I'm happy for you. I'll do just what you suggested. I think I'll be myself and be confident, approach any type of girl regardless of subjective physical beauty, see that person for who she is, not what she is.

• Actually, the skinny guy is my "type", but I guess it depends how skinny. Its actually very hard to say without seeing a picture and knowing more about the person. But then again I'm just picky, as I'm sure many girls are.

I'm also not sure how hot/beautiful I am, so I may not be the ideal person to answer this question, but I think I'm attractive so you're getting my answer anyway, lol.

But my two cents: if she's also kind of nerdy, then there's no reason she couldn't be into you. If she's not, then you'd have to make sure you had things in common anyway and that there was attraction there aside from attractiveness (often when people are referring to hot/beautiful women they're referring to the typical high school 'popular' girls, if that stereotype makes sense).

• Don't think I'm hot but ima respond anyways. Flat chested, lanky, nerdy is all superficial stuff and can be overlooked. Socially awkward would be a turn off. Like you have to be able to hold your own in a conversation, get out of your comfort zone sometimes and be able to have fun.

• I dated a skinny nerdy guy a couple years back the only thing missing was the glasses! Naturally I'm not drawn to skinny guys in that since. I prefer guys with a bit of meat on their bones cause I'm not skinny and would weigh more than a skinny guy would. lol I actually did weigh more than him too, haha. Any way it would depend he'd have to have traits that would attract me to him. I like the fact that my ex was very honest and was a very respectable guy he really did treat me like a lady...until we broke up. :/

• Thx for your input. Lol about his relatively low weight :) But it's too bad he lost respect for you. If he lost it then he didn't deserve you imo.

• A sense of humour is all it takes.

• I'm kinda a sucker for skinny nerdy guys...the only thing that would determine dateability is the social awkwardness factor. I'm kinda awkward myself so I don't look down on being a little off, but if it hinders meeting friends, family, going out to social-type events its a no-go. The physical appearance part you described is perfectly OK with me :)

• Lucky for you nerdy is the new hunk.. you look at the trends in society today and its all about the nerds.. so embrace your nerd! Some girls find low self esteem attractive.. it boosts their self esteem which makes it exciting for the both of you :) don't be scared! You do you :)

• Or as in the Mountain Dew commercial goes (and I don't mean to sound cheesy here but), "Dew you"

• Not sure if I'm decent or beautiful but I loooove the nerdy type. I love tall skinny guys. I like the awkwardness. I don't like the look of huge guys. They basically scare me.

• I dated one when I was 19 and started college, he was nerdy looking, had buck teeth, was anti social but I found him cute and dated him for 8 months and then later on he turned into a complete ass. So no, from now on I no longer date guys like you and I am being honest. I learned my lesson.

• Thanks for your honesty. Sorry to hear that. Correct me if I'm wrong but it was his personality that drove you away, right?

• Because it was ridiculous. I've been robbed by a black person before, does that mean I shouldn't trust black people altogether?

• Calm down, its not that serious. Its just my opinion that's all

• since I am a nerd at heart, I don't know why but I love nerdy dorky guys. They have better personalities and if they are shy super bonus because I don't know why maybe its because I am out going but I love getting them to talk to me

• I prefer skinny/gawky unsocial guys to the flamboyant hunk.

• Thx. But how come if you don't mind explaining?

• That's just what I'm attracted to. I prefer guys that have a circle of close friends rather than a whole social network, and I don't like a lot of muscles. I like toned guys, but I like the skinnier ones just as much. I'm really shy myself, so I don't like when a lot of people are coming to talk to whoever I'm with. But yeah, skinny guys are just more attractive to me.

• That's cool, I appreciate your response. Thx again. :)

• Yeah, I tend to prefer them actually. I like a lankier look, and an intellectual conversation. I'm most definitely a nerd at heart as well.

• Well I don't know if I'm beautiful or not but I love guys like that, I think they are cute and we get along really well.

• Nerds don't really do anything for me

• I am not too sure.

If I sit on him, I might break him. = (

• What do you recommend for such a guy? It's the guy who can't gain muscle mass regardless of diet and weight lifting. Should he stay in his little league? Should he just hope that such an attractive girl might find him interesting?

• I think you are already attractive.

• :)

• I'd definitely choose the nerdy guy. :)

• Yes. I hate the jocks most of them are self centered jerks. (No offence). But to me he would have to be able to stand up for himself. But mistly nerdy guys can be cute in their own way. (: and in order to win me over he would have to be nice and caring and talk to me. :P bye.

• For sure nerds rock!! Plus, a lot (not all) sporty dudes think they are awesome and are not as considerate of us girls :-)

• Get to know the girl! I love guys like that. When you get to know that certain girl, win her over. Talk to her casually and work your way up!

• I would find attractive qualities about this type of person for sure. "Nerds" like Cameron Mitchell or Andrew Garfield are cute and then their personality just enhances their attractiveness.

• I definitely would, because personality is, in my opinion, key. Looks are just a bonus. And if you fall for their personality, everything else just falls into place. In order to wind me over, he should just be himself, kind, and sweet.

• if you get to know them better they become better looking, to a point

• Work out & get some muscle

• Yes as long as he's sweet and caring looks don't matter

• Yesss

• Fkdkckgk

• If he's nice and sweet and treats you like you deserve to be treated. To be honest, nerdy guys with glasses/braces is kinda hot ;-)

• I might because the nerdy boy would probably be more real

But I don't think I could build a real relationship with someone like that because our personalities wouldn't go together well and it'd be awkward

• Aww his cute then :)

• If he is decent and has a good personality then yeah.

• More from Girls
    10

What Guys Said 7

• It happens, but your options will go up greatly if you start working out.

When I was your age, I was somehow given the impression that the 'right' sort of girls didn't care about that sort of thing.

In retrospect, I don't think I like dating the 'right' sort of girls.

• Yes, that's true. I've actually been working out since 16, but I can only get defined, not mass. I was born with very little muscle mass, esp. in the chest area. I consulted various bodybuilding trainers & did the recommended workout & diet, but they said if I don't have the right genetics then I'm wasting my time. What should I do?

• Eat like a motherf***er. If you're not gaining fat you're not eating enough. Seriously. Like 5k calories a day.

If you gain fat but not muscle, welcome to my world. I actually have some suggestions in that case as well, but 'way more food' is the easy answer for guys who just stay 'skinny'.

Lucky bastards.

• Hot guys/handsome men: would you find a really large, nerdy, yet nice girl attractive?

Answer : No.

don't listen to the socially correct answers ( lies) here. face reality and workout. I workout 3 days a week, 1.5 hours a session and that's all it takes

• I'm skinnier than 90% of guys, wear glasses, nerdy enough to do computer tech work, and have dated a couple models in the past. So yes you can be attractive to hot girls, you just have to know how. try not to be so socially awkward, get great body lanquage, learn how to talk to girls in a fun but masculine way, how to flirt, how to have great conversations, know how to dress well, GQ fits our physique good. Just understand how women think and do what they find attractive. Id reccomend you get this, it taught me alot: link and check out simple pickup on YouTube, they funny as hell, but you'll learn something to.

• Hot girls will ignore you and beautiful ladies will like you compared to you personality. Of course I am kind of stereotyping hot girls, although most are like that.

• I'm the guy you're describing here..and I've had plenty of ex's. Yes, they're now ex's but I think you get the point

• Don't worry. When their looks fade and realize they're really not special the nerds will have the last laugh. :P

• Don't ask girls man - go ask a player or a guy who pulls mad bitches. Women don't know what they themselves want half of the time. That's the key - unpredictability ;)

• I don't think a nerdy guy wants the kind of girl who would fall for a player. Sorry, bro.