What can you do to make up for average/below-average looks?

I think I do a pretty good job of it; I flirt and try to be funny and it seems to work. Problem is, because I'm not very good-looking, I'm usually automatically friendzoned at the start so then I just become the funny/flirty guy you have fun with. It kinda sucks to see these same girls ogle over good-looking guys, they get the automatic advantage while I have so much ground to make up and constantly make up to keep up, but that's just how it goes.

Oh yeah, and a bigger problem is that even girls I'd consider my level looks wise will still auto-friend me and then go for the better-looking guy (understandable). It just sucks.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not a coincidence that many driven, goal oriented, successful guys are elusive to a lot of girls. It's because they are usually taken off the shelf, regardless of their appearance or lack of "mack skills" that some guys assume is needed to get women. I'm not equating success with riches either, so don't get me wrong.

The fact is, many girls like to associate themselves with successful guys. Find something that you enjoy doing professionally (if you haven't already), then become successful at it. Your confidence will increase, and thus your results with the ladies will as well. Success can help you level the playing field.

• that helps. That's actually what I've been doing recently and that's actually helped my confidence a lot.

What Girls Said 3

• Hmm, girls like friendly guys, but being too friendly can maybe be the problem. Try maybe to tease a bit and some jealousy?

You know, giving them attention at first but not too much them, so they might ask themselves what's happening. Playing hot and cold may result.

At least it happened to me having some friends that I wouldn't consider dating because there was no chemistry. But I can assure you when they stopped giving attention I would try to know what was going on and probably take the lead.

AND: confidence. It's very attractive. You don't feel confident about how you look? Change it, looks can be changed. Still doesn't work? Act like if you feel confident about it. People can't tell if you're pretending, and after some time if it works you'll feel truly more confident about yourself!

• Aww ... why do you think you have below-average looks?

• because I do.

• Okay, have you done things to increase your confidence? Things like, wearing clothes you like, maybe dying your hair, etc?

• Do you work out? A hot body can improve a guys or girls overall appearance. Nice clothes help too.

What Guys Said 2

• End the friend zone immediately. She wants all the benefits of having you a friend while going out with the better looking guy. Move on and free up that time to find a woman who's into you.

• Be filthy, stinking rich.

• This. Also if you have a big penis, that should get you a fair number women. Also trying an unavailable a**hole. These ideas might appear to bad on the surface, but it will get you more women.