How to preserve my perfume for a memory box!

I found out the coast guard I am seeing is getting sent to Alaska for 2 years. I know he loves California and is bummed to be leaving, so I plan on saving little keepsakes from our time together as well as memories of California for him to take with him. No doubt Alaska (hes going to Kodiak) will get lonely and its something to keep him company a bit.

Anyways, one of the things I am thinking of doing is putting a bit of my perfume in the box so it smells like me. However, I want the scent to stay and I want him to be able to smell it any time and think of me. Is there any way I can store or put together a perfume vial, cloth, etc so that the scent stays as long as possible?

Most Helpful Guy

• link

^this is an ebay sale of vials for perfume samples.

You could also spray something with it. Like a note or a card. I had a fancy cologne once that came with a card for the manufacturing company. I sprayed the card and left it in the box. A year later, and it still smells like the cologne. If only the bottle had been as long lasting. I accidentally dropped it. But it wasn't in the box. So, that has nothing to do with the card keeping the smell.

Hope it helps. :)

What Guys Said 2

• Go to Sephora or whatever department store carries the perfume. Ask for a sample. EIther they will have samples to give our for free or they will be able to make one. Usually they won't give you any trouble. If they do, explain your situation and I'm sure they'd be happy to help.

• Ambergris is the best substance that will preserve and hold any type of smell. It should not be hard to find a small piece.

What Girls Said 4

• You find a sample ! You know, the itsy bitsy tini tyni bottle with your perfume in there ? He could smell it whenever he wants & even put it on his scarf for instance!

• Just spray some in there. Like spray it more than once. Trust me, it'll stay

• if you mix it with an oil or make it into a balm it may stay longer.

• Get a travel sized bottle of your perfume and give it to him?