Are tattoos a factor in dating/relationship?

I read somewhere that man are more likely to date a non tattooed girl than a tattooed one. And that it might be some kind of a deal breaker if he discovered it later.

I don't "choose" a guy on whether he's tattooed or not. Is this more of a man thing.

If you wouldn't date a tattooed girl, what's the reason? (repulsed by tattoo, find it disrespectful...)

Most Helpful Guy

• I have none. They have not stopped me from going out.

Like anything, some nicer than others, more appealing (on both sexes).

Smoking is more of an issue with me, not a complete deal breaker either...

What Guys Said 9

• Depends on what and where. I saw a girl with a large tattoo that started on her right shoulder and went across the front to the middle of her chest. Something that large in that place is a something I wouldn't want to see on a girl I'm dating. Tramp stamps are also no something I wouldn't date. Tattoos on the fingers, that's getting into the iffy category. It depends on what it is. Arms, wrists, shoulders, midsection, ribs, ankles, feet, back, all those are fine as long as they're not large or something I just don't like.

• I don't mind if a girl is tattooed as long as it's not ridiculously ugly or a pick and poke prison tattoo.

I've been seeing these girls lately with huge black and white tattoos on their anterior thighs and I think that looks kind of ugly, or these lesbos with the dude-tattoos on their shoulder look pretty butch as well.

• I don't care about tattoos in the aspect to a relationship. Good for conversations and hopefully there is a deeper meaning to it and possibly a story which leads to others. good way to get people to open up. if they did it cause it was cool..well you already know what kind of person you have on your hands. Says a lot about a person really. Even if they don't.

• To each of his own.

Tattoos are a sign of sex appeal. That is the real definition and people are afraid to admit it.

• As long as it isn't something STUPID like this one: link I don't really mind tattoos. Some can look pretty good.

• This is a case by case basis thing for me. I don't have a tattoo, but I will be getting one in the near future.

Some tattoos are better than others.

• I don't mind tattoos, I even like them! ..unless they're very large.

However I won't even consider to date a girl who smokes, whether or not she has any tattoos.

• I might date a girl with tattoos but I think they are ugly and I would definitely prefer a girl with none.

• For me, it really depends on the number of tats or the placement. I wouldn't be likely to try to get to know you if you had a face tat, but that holds true for eyebrow or lip piercings either..I'm well aware that it's a form of jewelry, body art, free expression and I have no problem with someones choice to have as many as they like..I have a couple of tats myself, but unless yours are invisible under work casual or formal clothing, I won't be asking you out for dinner.

What Girls Said 3

• Men are just picky! They're 10 times worse then women even though they complain about women. I have tons of guy friends and they would rather date a girl with tattoos than without. But I think most men might not care. If they like someone, they would date someone regardless of the looks or tattoos or piercings on their body!

• I would care what his tats were of. I don't really care if he has them or not. But if it was like a flaming skull with a sword through it, or some naked women with giant boobs, I would assume we didn't have much in common.

• i think men would think it looks trashy