He doesn't like blondes, but he liked me?

A lad I was sort of seeing a while back who I am now friends with said to a group of us that he prefers brunettes and doesn't really like blondes. I am about as blond as you can naturally get. Was it his was of making it clear that he never really liked me and was he just being superficial or should I take this as a complement that he normally doesn't like blondes but he liked me? Just not sure why he brought it up while I was there or am I reading too much into it? Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never met a guy that cares THAT much about hair color. It really doesn't matter. Sometimes I say I prefer brunettes, but I don't really care at all.

What Guys Said 3

• The truth is that hair color is not that important factor.

I prefer blondes. I always have preferred blondes. But a hot girl is still a hot girl even if she got jet-black hair, and even that color can look amazing, as long as everything goes together.

I like girls of all hair colors and I don't turn a good girl down only because she doesn't fit to some of my preferences about which I don't feel that strongly about anyway, however despite of that all of my girlfriends have been blondes.

• Hair color is somewhat an important factor for me because I am a sucker for petite brunettes and I can't stand blondes. But every now and then I'd get attracted to a blond just because I'd think she's extremely cute looking.

In other words, I think he's got the hots for you.

• i wouldn't listen to what he said. he probably means that he hasn't been with a blond before. :)

What Girls Said 1

• you are reading wayyyyyyyy too much into it. and besides I may prefer a certain thing but date a guy who doesn't have it. I doubt he was even connecting it to you.