Can an ugly guy get a good looking girl?

There's this girl I like who works at this donuts and coffee shop that's a block away from where I live. She always works the nights and I think her parents own the shop. I can't stop thinking about her. She is so beautiful. Before it was just feelings based on her looks but now, I just want to talk with her and if maybe she would go on a date with me and connect for at least just once, that would be enough for me even if she laughed and called me a pathetic loser afterward. The biggest problem is that I don't know how to talk with girls and I've never had a girl like me and I never talked with a girl before. I'm chubby (6'2 and 240 lbs. of fat) and not a 'hot guy'. If I ever try to talk with her I'm too afraid of the possible harsh rejection. I thought maybe if I could make her laugh (all my friends, the only little amount that I have, tell me that I'm very funny and people that I've met randomly have said that I'm really funny) and show her my personality, I could have a chance. What should I do? Should I just let it go and not even try and keep my dignity and not be rejected? What should I do and what should I say?

Most Helpful Guy

• Just say that you are only that weight because you just keep on getting donuts from there so that you can see her...romantic in a very creepy way sort of :p

On a more serious note though, just go for it, don't expect to crack one joke and for her to leap into your arms, just treat it more as getting to know a friend, so you won't feel too back if she doesn't like you in that way, but you still may gain an extra friend which could do wonders for your confidence, and even if you get rejected, at least you would know, you will never forgrt about it untill you just try at least! screw dignity just try and have fun what ever way it goes!

What Girls Said 5

• I know plenty of guys who aren't the best looking and they have beautiful looking girlfriends. They are really sweet respectful guys with a great sense of humor (I would of gone out with them if they had asked :P). You have to give it a try! "You'll never know unless you try" and if you don't you'll spend the rest of the time wondering "what if?". Just be yourself (It's a cliche line but it's true)!

• the only problem with ugly guys is their lack of confidence, its all about attitude! practice with other girls you don't really care, and then try with the good looking girl

• Nope

• try! why not?

• Well go on the biggest loser show, then ask her for her phone number when your skinny and healthy and that if you got good facial features like if you don't have a howk nose or some mole on your face :) I'm sorry I'm picky and she'll probably be picky too if she's good looking :) I reject a lot of guys but I'm sorry if there's no physical attraction there's no physical attraction .

What Guys Said 7

• Who cares what she thinks, she's just a girl that works in a coffee shop. Big deal.

Get your balls and just talk to her. See if she's interested. If she isn't, move on to your Plan B girl.

• some girls care more about personality so I think you'll be fine but you should probably make her laugh first

• You can try, from what I hear most girls that are beautiful just want someone who is cool.

• unless they are rich, or popular

• It's highly unlikely, but not impossible.

I'd say you'd need a lot of game, to be able to get a girl like that.

And to be honest, you sound like you have no game at all.

• Forget your looks, focus on your health. You're 240 lbs. You need to get yourself to the gym and get in shape. If you get in shape, your confidence will go up and that is the single most powerful weapon in the war of finding a woman.

• If you kidnap her...

But seriously, if you are confident enough to try, go for it. She might like you. If she doesn't, you are back to square one.