Is my mom telling the truth?

Recently my mother and I got into an argument about the way I dress... While most to everyone thinks my style is nice and tasteful, she insists that everyone is lying to me and that my clothing makes me look like a slut... I don't show cleavage or anything... Its just because she thinks my dresses are short. Seeing that I'm naturally tall (5'7) and she's 5'4 she doesn't understand that extremely hard to find dresses that go to my knees without looking like a prude. Even when I ask my friends if they can see my ass as my mom claims they all say no.

So I'm kind of hurt by moms comments, because I'm 21 and I don't feel like I should dress like a nun to please her.

another thing she says is because I wear short dresses guys will view me as a tramp and never take me home to meet their mothers even though I see girls who dress way worse then me... So I'm wondering if its true, do guys really judge girls clothing based off if he wants to take her home to his mother or not?

Most Helpful Guy

• Why not try to resolve the conflict by making a mom/daughter shopping day? You might just find it a more constructive way to end things instead of just arguing. Both of you might even enjoy it!

What Guys Said 2

• You're 21 and I shouldn't feel like you need to dress like a nun to please her.

• lol, ^You're 21 and YOU shouldn't feel like you need to dress like a nun to please her.

• Kind of. Girls that wear revealing clothes get attention, but the wrong types of guys.

What Girls Said 1

• wel most moms consider any skirt that's shorter then knee lenght is waaaay to short.