Crop tops-- cute or trashy?

I bought my first crop top ever last week to wear as a cover up on the beach. I wore it today and found it very comfortable. Usually when I'm walking around in the hot sun in either a tank top or regular t-shirt I'm sweating like crazy and feel overheated. That didn't happen with the crop top.

They're on sale right now and I'm wondering if I should buy more to wear on a regular basis. Do you think they're appropriate to wear in public in the summer time?

Thanks to kheserthorpe's question I would like to amend mine: Crop tops-- suitable to wear in public (outside of the beach) or not?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah they can be suitable to wear beyond the beach. It's just a matter of how you wear it. You could wear it like this: link

or the Emilio Pucci way in this pic: link

or this: link

And you would look cute and classy.

What Guys Said 7

• I'd limit it to the beach. The fact that fashion models wear them other places doesn't mean we regular people should. I wouldn't call them trashy, just too revealing for running errands in town.

• Lol.. why do you ask when you wear a bikini.. that's the equivalent of walking around in your underwear and a bra?

• I wouldn't wear a bikini to the movies or mall, though. I'm asking if crop tops are OK in those situations.

• That completely depends on what kind of attention you are seeking, and what kind of people you want it from. For me personally I'm not a fan of those on girls.. I'm not into booty shorts either. A girl can look sexy in things that don't reveal 40% of her body.What I'm saying is, you go out in a crop top,booty shorts, and something like that, you're going to attract shallow people. Your choice.

link

• Can't they be both?

• Sexy, but kinda trashy.

• they can look nice and not trashy depending on how you wear it and wear you're wearing it.

• its only trashy if you act trashy! I think they are kinda sexy on the right girl! :)

• Trashy

What Girls Said 11

• THEY ARE SO SUITABLE TO WEAR IN PUBLIC. I love them! If your bra's going to show, get a tube bra from American Apparel or something so that it looks like a piece of fabric instead of a bra. Just don't act trashy and it won't be trashy ;]

• when I wear a shirt, its usually a croptop tshirt from pacsun. I like to wear ones thst go up to right below my belly button. any higher is just an awkward length.

• I love them. I own 5 pairs. I love them imo if I could wear only one type of shirt forever it would be cropped.

• They're cute, it depends on how you wear it though

• I think they're cute as long as if you're fit and not in the least bit chubby. And it also depends on where you're at. If you're going out to dinner, I wouldn't really say it's cute. If you're going out with your friends, the beach, shopping, or whatever, then I think it's cute.

I disagree with your thinking ma'am because not all women are skinny and your making big girls feel like they can't show off them curves. I'm one of those women. And guess what when I wear them I get tons of compliments

• I have a ton of crops. Some are really short, others long sleeved, other longer. In the summer I wear them all. I do not wear lowriders with crops that show my navel. The beach is a good place or yardwork or around the house. Library no. Running errands around town I see no problem with a crop that's 2 inches over my navel. I don't have a piercing and do NOT wear heels with a crop. That would look odd. Sneakers, flip flops or sandals with modest shorts are cool though.

• sure why not, it's a free country. I saw a man wearing next to nothing on the subway once, nobody complained. lol.

• Eh, they're alright, I guess. I wouldn't wear them myself (but then again I'm kind of chubby) I think they can be kind of cute on some people, but I don't like the really short ones that remind me of bras or bikini tops.

• It depends what you wear them with. With booty shorts, trashy, but with a maxi skirt, longer shorts, or jeans it's fine.

• I do. Just wear a tank under

• They're cute. Not inappropriate at all.