How do you tell someone they are over-doing makeup or revealing clothes?

How to you give this sort of advice without the female being offended?

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell her that she doesn't have to wear so much make-up or flashy clothes, to look pretty...she would look wonderful even without it all.

What Girls Said 10

• Depending on how close you are, many options are available. For example, if the person telling me were my boyfriend or best friend, they could say, "Hey, you look really slutty in that outfit," or "Hey, you have waaay too much makeup on today!"

However, an odd look and motioning at the makeup or outfit and then making a no gesture would suffice from someone less close.

• tell her you think she would be beautiful w/o makeup

• You can tell her how attractive she looks without those things. There's no way to really be blunt about it without her likely getting mad.

• It's better to compliment on her next time when she wears less makeup or dresses up more nicely. Usually, she will understand what the guy mean.

• Say less is more on the make up and say its better to cover up because guys can imagine more

• Personally, I think make up is just a waste of money ot doesn't really hide anything, in my case it would only hide my freckles. So I usually tell people they don't need make up. And I don't know about the other because people I know don't flaunt their stuff

• If she's showing too much cleavage I gesture for her to pull up her shirt but they usually don't seem offended

• I just be blunt and honest who cares if she's offended,well I only do that to friends if its a total stranger its none of my business

• Compliment her face

Not her ass

• Well, if she's showing it off..!

• Short doesn't mean provocative

U can show your arms back and cleavage if you cover your legs

U can show your legs and arms but no back no cleavage

a few fashion rules

in summer time if your dressed lighted make up ruins everything

• Sometimes your friends do not get the hint so you tell it to them directly to their face.

What Guys Said 5

• Just for the sake of argument, I'll assume she's your girlfriend. Some of what follows may apply even if she's just a good girl friend.

Anyway, don't get all serious and in her face about it and, for the sake of your friendship, try to keep possessiveness and jealousy out of your language and tone. She may be YOUR girlfriend, but it's still HER body, and you need to respect that she has control of it, not you.

With regard to makeup, there's an old phrase: "Gilding the lily." It means the flower is so beautiful in its own right that covering it with something even as precious as gold leaf makes it less beautiful, not more, because it's covering it up. So, by using heavy makeup, she may think she's enhancing her beauty when she's actually diminishing it. You can approach this tactfully by praising her for her desire to look her best, but pointing out that she's so attractive that, in her case, "less is more." That is, less makeup allows more of her beauty to show through.

The provocative dress is sort of the opposite problem in that, in your opinion anyway, she's not covering up enough!

But the principle's the same: approach her positively. It's great she's proud of her body and has confidence enough to show it off, but she's SO beautiful as a whole person, as well as physically, that she's actually detracting from the impact she can have if she toned it down some.

My guess is that she's not trying to be slutty, but rather trendy, "fashion forward," stylish, whatever. You can encourage her to adopt a somewhat more modest approach by suggesting that in her case, she's got so much going for her that "classy" would be a better style choice than "trendy" to accomplish her goal of expressing her confidence and pride. She'll blow people away.

• Just comment on how pretty she would be without all the makeup/slutty clothing. Comment on her natural beauty and hopefully she'll tone it down some. I think that's about as close as you can get without offending her

• You don't. You don't really have authority over what she does with her makeup and clothes. Maybe she likes the way she looks, why should you be an a**hole about it?

However, if you do decide to tell her just be like "hey, I think you are using too much makeup and revealing clothing, I think you would look better if you didn't."

• Be honest, and blunt. If she's your friend, she'll understand that you're just looking out for her well-being, and (if she's a logical person, which I'm hoping) won't be offended.

• Start dressing like a pimp and tell her you'll stop when she stops dressing like a slut? :)