Do you think this is true?

"If you turn out to be pretty, people will view you with resentment because everyone assumes that attractive people are just charming their way through life and are thus empty-headed parasites. You will not find any sympathy, because everyone knows that attractive people have perfect lives. This will result in a bitter, lonely existence.

If you turn out to be ugly, everyone will like you because you're worse-looking than them. However, no one will love you because you're worse-looking than them. This will result in a bitter, lonely existence. "

excerpt from this.. link

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 7

• I can believe it to an extent. I think this applies more to women as well. I will be honest, a women's value is placated a lot on her looks. I won't go into detail as to why but I think it has something to do with our biological predispositions and the females being geared more towards reproduction and babies.

To an certain degree I think there is some truth to the fact that hot women have much easier lives (all other things aside) and usually get what they want at lesser the cost (not necessarily monetarily speaking). I would venture the guess that on average they are also happier. They have better love and sex lives, they get more things for free (like drinks at a bar), they get jobs easier, they get more positive attention and compliments, etc. etc. They are also simply more likely to be able to leverage men for obvious reasons, in turn making less work for themselves, whatever the situation.

As far as ugly people go, I can't say I've ever liked someone because they were ugly. This only applies more to men for me. I will admit that men can be competitive, especially with women. I obviously don't like having other very attractive men around when I'm trying to find a mate. Other than that it doesn't matter.

I will say this though, for both men and women, in my experience, on average, the attractive people tend more likely to be jerks/bitches. Because they know (or think) that their looks will cause people to give them the benefit of the doubt or look past their crappy personality, especially in dating. For example, many times very attractive women, act like bitches even to men, they figure, if this guy doesn't want to put up with my sh*t and do what I say, I have 100 other guys who will, just because I'm pretty. I'm sure there are some guys who carry a similar mindset.

• There are no real rules about this. All people have their own set of problems brought on by society's judgments of their looks, I suppose. There's admiration, but also envy; pity, but also security...

• If you turn out to be average, people will think you have no excuse for being lonely or bitter. However, almost everybody experiences loneliness and/or bitterness at during their lifetime. When you find yourself in that position as an average person, people will think that you're the most pathetic, self-pitying, worthless creature on the planet. This will result in a bitter, lonely existence.

• I just clicked the link. That looks very promising. And awesome.

• I find this philosophical argument to be lacking in rigor.

• Definitely not true.

• Sounds like a load of bull to me

• sometimes it is sometimes it isn't ;p

What Girls Said 7

• I disagree for the most part. There are a few people who resent pretty people and like ugly people, but most people prefer pretty people and nearly worship them, while either disliking or ignoring ugly people.

• well, you don't wanna be judged on what people sees. you wanna be judged on what you can bring to the table.

• Nope

• I think it's true for some people. Def not everyone.

• Well, obviously everyone in the world is not lonely and bitter...so no, I don't think that is true.

• O.o what? Not true! Lol mostly it is not true.

• No, not at all.