Does being physically attractive make you more likely to find love?

Assuming that you're a decent enough person, anyway.

I'm twenty years old, and I've never really been in a relationship. I've had two boyfriends, but I don't really count either of those as actual relationships. The longest I've ever been with a guy is 4 months. Both times, I was dumped.

People tell me all the time that I'm pretty. Guys hit on me all the time. I'm a nice person. I'm honest, and straightforward.

I really don't understand why girls with awful personalities find boyfriends who adore them. I'm starting to freak out a little. I want to get married and have kids, but I'm starting to feel like that's never going to happen for me.

Have you ever felt like that before? Did your situation change?

Most Helpful Guy

• To answer your question...being physically attractive imo does increase your odds to find love, simply because you're get to meet more people to date.

In short, the more attractive you are, the more iterations you have to find your hubby. :)

------------

The thing that sucks about guys your age is...dudes that are genuine and worth keeping, are going to STILL (but not much longer) be intimidated by good-looking women, thinking that they aren't attractive enough to get a girl like you.

At the same time, the super-fearless douchebag smelling like a toxic cloud of Axe, will have no fear in approaching you.

-----------

At age 20, this is the time where dudes that are "bf material" start realizing that really attractive girls are SICK AND TIRED of douchebags, and would absolutely ENJOY a dude like them approaching her.

This is the time where dudes "see the light" in this regard. Hang in there, and approach some cute guys yourself when you see them by saying hi and saying your name. :)

What Guys Said 4

• I'm 22 and still in that situation. It's hard to say this without sounding like an overly-vain douchebag, but I am aware of the fact that I'm a pretty good-looking guy, and an uncommonly decent person.

I honestly haven't found this to be any help when it comes to finding love. For some reason, girls have a pathological fear of being the first one to make a move, so as a guy I can't say either way. All the girls I have dated have told me that I'm really handsome and way nicer than all their ex's, but that's what your supposed to say when you're in a relationship lol.

I find being honest and friendly is a much more effective method of meeting people :)

• It will make you easier to find sex.

But finding someone you're not only attracted to each other, but also having compatible personalities, ability to be 'in sync' with each other is much harder.

Some people can be attractive, good and nice, but still not 'in sync' with many people, and probably it's about you.

Still you have a lot of time, mostly people marry in the age between 25 and 30, as marriages before 25 statistically are way more likely to end with divorce, and yes - being attractive will make it more likely to find your second half, however finding it still is mostly about luck.

• You're 20...I'm 25 and still yearn for that stuff. Are you mocking me!

But really, we're still very young. I'm stuck taking care of my family at the moment (and got ridiculed for it by a bunch of 20 year old girls ((not you))...seriously?) but it's been a very rewarding experience (so far...).

• if anything it might work against finding love since an attractive person will most likely just go for someone for their looks instead of their personality.

What Girls Said 2

• Right, assuming you're a decent person, sure. You get more attention, so you get more opportunities, so statistically it makes sense that way, but if you want to see love as some.. FORCE.. for lack of a better term, it finds people no matter what. Girl you're 20 lol chill. You have plenty of time to find a guy, get hitched, and make babies. Don't worry so much right now. If you're so worried, go hit on a guy and see what happens, or start something with the guys that hit on you. You never know

• Dearie, I have been in the same situation, trust me...then I was told by someone who was in a really happy relationship that I should stop looking or bothering about it. Find joy in other things, be busy and happy whie at it; do the things that make you feel good...eventually you will find someone compatible while at it. Fretting over it will automatically trigger a neediness factor especially in your interraction with guys and that will drive them away. Gdluck!

• I don't even know what to say to this, other than you're amazing :)