Outfit ideas for New York?

So I'm going to New York (city) in a couple days and I want to look stylish, like I belong there and not just like a tourist. I've been there a few times already. So, any ideas?

Most Helpful Girl

• yea wear anything...i can't tell whose a tourist by the way they dress. I can only tell when there's a huge group that won't move outta the way and theyre holding onto maps. then there's the HUGE cameras they always carry too.

besides those...you should be fine :o you should know! youve been here a few times already!

• Oh my God =_= Sometimes I want to strange them. They walk so sloooowwwww XD

What Guys Said 1

• First, no bright colors. Use to live in Manhattan with family so avoid crazy bright colors. Simple gray, black and white will do. If you wear jeans, wear black jeans and avoid the city. A lot of tourist go there. If you have the money, shop in East Village.

What Girls Said 8

• I live in NY. Just wear a nice summer dress or a stylish top and shorts, with comfortable but cute shoes. That's what most of the girls are in.

• NYC is all about being who you are and dress according to it. So dress like you normally do and you will fit right in

• Wear something comfortable and cool (as in physically because I am sure it will be hot there). I'm sure if you are interested in style anything you would wear normally would be acceptable as looking stylish.

• it really doesn't matter what you wear, but I live just outside NYC and I suggest just be comfortable. If you're going to be walking all day, wear comfortable shoes. check the weather! but basically NYC is so eccentric, it doesn't matter what you wear. just be COMFORTABLE!

i was just there on Saturday and I wore capris and a t-shirt.

• Where anything no one will care.

Besides my advice is to get there and hit up the many boutiques. You can get the fashions when you get there.

• Dress casual to fit in

• A blazer jacket

• casual try graphic tee and jeans