Why do you wear high heels?

Ladies, why do you wear high heels when it's not necessary?

Most Helpful Girl

• I like the sound it makes when I walk

What Girls Said 31

• I don't wear heels too much although I'm short.

But if I wear them it's because they are beautiful,

and some dresses and skirts don't go well with shoes without heels.

And yeah sometimes they make me taller maybe by 4 cm?! xD

• I don't wear high heels.. Personally I can't stand them and after wearing them my feet always just ache.

• I have some fairly comfortable heels that I wear when I want to feel pretty. Sometimes I just want to dress up for no reason other than the fact that I want to. Like today.

• I've always wondered the same thing. I might wear flats or a very small heel for a very special occasion, but I really can't walk very well in anything higher, and I'm not willing to work on it or put up with the pain it would give my feet. High heels and flip flops are going to make future podiatrists very rich.

• because we like how they look. didn't know there were designated times to wear them, I'm a grown woman so I wear what I want :)

• i have been a fan of high heels since I was like 3-4 years old I used to walk in my grandmom's and mom's heels, I didn't care that they were way to big for me. I walk better in high heels, I tend to stumble in flip flops and flats, but I can run in heels. so that's why I like heels

• They make me taller, elongate my leg, exaggerate the curve of it, and are darn pretty too.

• Only on the occasion do I wear heels, the purpose? I might be going to an event where the attire type is formal or if I got the heels particularly for an outfit.

• I dont. I don't wear anything I can't run in, if I need to. bad for your back as well. I'm a very physical person so its a waste of shoe space, imo. I like thick soles. thick front & back. no higher heel. its completely impractical.

• Heels are super sexxy/ they make us taller/ they cause us to walk differently (SEXIER) heels dress up & or complete almost any outfit

• i hate high heels. I do pageants and even when I do them I were wedges or platform shoes because, I am not very graceful so me+heels=broken something

when not doing pageants I were flip flops because I rather be comfortable than stylish even though I do try to still look nice. but what's the point of looking great to go dancing and not be able to have fun.

• I avoid heels unless they have small heel or they are super cute and unique like this mirror ankle booties link I don't mind wearing heels if it's a heel on a boot, but I rarely wear heels.

• Because I like wearing heels with dresses :)

• Actually high heels were originally invented by men. You see, they force the wearer to stand in a more provacative position - with the legs slightly apart and the hips forward. The reason women wear high heels is because of the affect they have on males - it makes them feel attractive and wanted. Guys wear certain things to affect girls as well!

• Guys invented them, but girls continue the trend. Guy don't really care any more.

• Well I wear them because I'm short:) but if I see a pair of shoes (high heels or not) that I like and they're comfortable I will get them and wear them. But that's just me.

• Because I don't own any flats, flip flops, and any flat sandals... I love heels too much.. :D

• I love them and don't care if they are necessary or not lol... Some outfits can never be pulled together without the right heel.

• 'Cause my boyfriend is way taller than me lol

• To make me taller

• 1 - they look great

2 - they make click sound that's cool

3 - I'm taller

4 - they make guys take note

5 - my boyfriend likes me in them

6 - I have high arches, heels don't hurt my feet much at all

• I don't wear them.

• It makes your legs look more toned and longer, it gives you a better posture and it makes you (well at least me) feel sexier.

• They make your legs look thinner, longer, and just very classy looking.

• Haha, I think heels are completely unessesary and a new form of torture :$

Ladies, don't shoot me, it's just an opinion.

I swear to god I'm getting married in converse. xP

• to look pretty-duhhhhhhh...

i only wear heels when I feel I look decent on that day.

• It give posture

• thats like asking a guy why he wears a tie...the answers the same basically: It is more formal and is usually what looks good with the appropriate outfit. Sure heels are not necessary but flip flops, sandals, or tennis shoes usually don't look very nice with an evening dress. I am 5'10" and wish there was another option to look nice when I dress up but until then I'll still wear heels.

• I don't ever wear 'em. I prefer my tennis shoes, or flip-flops (summer time).

• have to wear them for runway :P it was a pain to get used to walking in them for hours on end.

• I wear them when I'm wearing a dress.

• More from Girls
    1

What Guys Said 3

• High heels are great women. I advise them all to wear them with some regularity.

From traveling I can tell you that Russian and Ukrainian women wear high heels all the time and as a result they have the nicest asses I've ever seen. That's not a mere coincidence.

Second they look sexy.

• When it's not necessary? It sounds like you're saying wearing them for things like the bedroom or for a baseball game. Typically they wear them for formal outings because they're just made for that however lots of women just sort of tend to prefer them.

Did you know, that men were the original ones to wear heels? Look it up, it's pretty interesting..

• They wanna feel sexy.