Boyfriend, "you're not the prettiest girl on the block".

Excuse me?! Like how am I meant to take this?

I said "then who is?"

He said "I dunno, me? But seriously."

Wtf! why would anyone think it's okay to say this?

We were talking about two people we knew who were dating, and the guy is much more attractive than the girl. I said that I was surprised they were sting because she is ugly to be honest.

Then he said this.
*dating not sting

Grr iPhone.

Most Helpful Guy

• That is an awful thing to say to your SO. I mean, you just don't say things like that, ever.

You are completely justified for being upset. He is obviously lacking in empathy.

What Guys Said 5

• in what context did he say that?

• I mean, if your not the prettiest girl but he's with you then you must have an awesome personality which in the end is what makes or breaks a relationship. I mean the prettiest girl on the block is probably ditzy lol

• one more thing: he might've said this comment in order to get you down a little, since your comment about this other couple wasn't very mature of you. and just because someone isn't "the prettiest", doesn't make them ugly. attraction is based on a lot of different factors. I know women which I found unattractive at first, and the more I got to know them, the hotter they got for me. at the end I'd almost say they were a perfect 10 :-)

• True. But he insists that it was "just a joke". Uhh okay.

• Well, the last girl I liked was average looking, and honestly wasn't the prettiest girl I knew, but to me she was.

What I mean is, I can step back and compare girls physically, but that doesn't mean that I prefer the prettier one. it's a, looks only V. total package, issue I think.

• its not okay to say that if you are both in a relationship

the moment he said that should have been when you walked out on him

What Girls Said 1

• leave him. now. I'd think you'd want someone to value you enough to take your feelings into consideration. some guys joke about it but other guys are just straight jerks about it and use that to be blunt or to lower the girls self esteem so that they can manipulate them. Either way I don't think that it's okay for someone you are in a relationship with to say that to you when they are suppose to I don't know care about you.