What do you think when you see a gorgeous girl with a short(er) guy?

A couple came into the store where I work yesterday and all the people working at my store were talking about them. The girl was white and absolutely beautiful and she was taller than her boyfriend, who was Indian and, as others described him, a midget (compared to her as a joke I'm guessing because he wasn't that short, around 5'7'' or 5'8'' maybe) and average looking.

Everyone just kept saying "How the hell did that guy get that stunning girl. He must have a lot of money" etc. It just amazed me the things people were thinking about this couple. Maybe I was shocked because I am short myself? If you see a short guy with a gorgeous girl what would you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• well, I am a very tall woman and most of my dates are either the same height as me or shorter. My current pursuit, is the same height as me (if I put on heals, I tower over him), but he is an amazing guy. Often women that are stereotypically classified as tall and beautiful are also very self assured and confident enough that they are comfortable dating a guy not for his looks/ assets, but for his character and personality. Sure tall guys are hot, but if I was to date only men taller than me I would first, have a very hard time finding any tall men (over 5'9" at least) to date and second I would be cutting out a whole pool of potentially amazing guys.

What Girls Said 3

• I'd think, "Aw good, they aren't brainwashed."

• I would be happy because I feel girls are often expected to be shorter than their boyfriends, and they are breaking the tradition. As long as he treats her well, there's nothing wrong with it to me.

• Because people think that you have to be the same level of attractiveness as your partner when in reality you don't.

What Guys Said 4

• I think good for him, he's got a cool girl.

Unfortunate that the first reaction for most is she's an escort or something.

• ...what would I think? "Good for that guy!" Sure, I might wonder what he's got, but what can you really tell from appearances and a 5 minute interaction? The racism and prejudice that your co-workers seem to display is pretty gross.

• was she wearing heels? how tall was she you think? like 5'10 or 5'11? that's inspiring because I find tall girls very hot, attractive

• I think nothing.