How much does weight matter for women?

I mean I'm slightly over weight... not substancially but mabey 10-15 pounds, you can hardly notice from my stomach but I have small manboobs that I'm very self concious about and you can't see my abs or pecs even though I have both under the layer of fat. Is this considered gross for hot girls? I have high standards so I want to get in shape and I'm working on it but its slow progress... I'm 5'8 135 pounds which is technically under weight but I still have that layer of fat over my abs and those small man boobs >.<

Most Helpful Girl

• spelling "matters" more.

• get off my back mom this is the internet not school

• you commented twice on this. did you really see the as being necessary?

• Let me answer your question with a question. yes?

What Girls Said 5

• Doesn't matter at all, trust me. Personally, I would have a problem if a guy was skinnier than I was.

• over is always better than under for guys, in my books!

• Weight really doesn't make a big difference unless you're either "hooking up" or have been in a long term relationship. with one you're looking for something shallow anyways and with the other you just start getting a little bored or start checking things out around you. I've dated a few chubby guys and their personalities won me over. Generally we girls aren't as body focused as guys are. If we like you there's usually more to it then your being attractive but that does help. that being said I don't know that I could date a chubby guy with an ugly face, I personally need something nice to look at but you don't have to be SUPER HOT! or anything. And guys can get away with looking fat way better then girls. it's easier to hide for guys and less noticable to us. just be confident and stuff

• Most girls care more about their own weight than their partner's weight :P

Your body sounds like my boyfriend's (skinny-fat) and I think he's sexy.

• It doesn't matter too much if you have a winning personality. If we like you it translates over to your body too no matter what it looks like...

What Guys Said 2

• Weight matters just as much to women as it does to men. Also just like us, each woman prefers different body types. Losing more weight is not always going to be seen as sexier by every woman. There is such a thing as being too skinny. Losing more weight may, or may not help you attract women. Depends on how much muscle you have compared to body fat.

Don't go too high, or too low in your weight in order to impress a woman. Get to a healthy weight that allows you to feel good about yourself, and the right woman will be attracted that body type.

• 5'8 135?

That's a pretty normal weight. Kind of small actually.

It's not the weight that concerns girls it's how you look. And if you're out of shape and not muscular and have a bit of fat you probably aren't going to have a tremendous body. Girls go for fit guys in general, but 10-15 pounds isn't much to lose. Just be healthy and girls will like how you look