Girls: How important are a guys shoes?

I hear some people and some blogs/websites say that the shoes are the first and most important thing a woman looks at in a man. I'm really skeptical of this advice and I think it's just for commerce.

IMO, as long as the shoes are clean, in decent condition and not too clownish, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Am I missing something?

Most Helpful Girl

• I take notice of shoes all the time but I don't care that much. It depends on the situation. If I'm in a club, it's going to be the last thing I notice. If I'm at a more formal event, then it's good to keep them clean at least.

What Girls Said 4

• I do notice shoes as that sorta gives me insight on their style and look. And style leads me to their personality type. So it's all sorta linked. For example if I saw a guy with converse shoes I'd automatically think "okay this is my kinda guy" just because of the connotation that converse or vans for example have with skaters/rock/punk. Obviously I'm generalizing. But on the other hand if I saw guys wearing DC sorta shoes I'd think "hip hop" or gangster style. If I see a young lad wearing grandpa kinda shoes I'd think "vintage", "hipster" or something along those lines. So shoes can sorta give off a vibe.

• I think it's important because it says a lot about the person.

• I have a pair of New Blance shoes; what does that say about me?

• Depends what you determine under 'cool'

• Haha okay. What is something that is stylish, but not flamboyant. Mature, but not preppy.

• I don't care so long as they aren't grandpa or clownish I couldn't care less

• Shoes are about the last thing I notice, but I do take note of them.

What Guys Said 0