I want to get highlights but I have an afro ... does this look weird??

i think that it will look nice on me but I know people are really weird about afros ... what do you think ... I most likely will do it anyways

here's one except it won't be so blond

link

link

link

link

does red look weird?

link

link

thanks all for your input ... the ronald mcdonald had me rolling lol ... thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the second link and the last of the top four links are really nice, but you would have to make sure it's the right color.

I don't like the reds. However, if you ever braid your hair, I think some red streaks would look nice. (This African child came into where I work the other day. She had this and it looked really nice).

• even though I could get a blond color because I'm lighter I don't want it ... I don't wand it to look to un real ... more natural now I have dark brown I though maybe some lighter brown ... but thanks bunches... no I don't wear braids I don't like fake things I feel weird

• Yeah, I don't think you should go that much lighter. Maybe a shade or two lighter than what it is now.

And you're welcome! Sorry, my advice isn't that helpful lol.

Yeah, I prefer it natural. My little sister is half Nigerian, but my Mum struggles with her hair, so has it braided lol.

What Guys Said 2

• I think it'd look better natural but I see some black girls rockin blond highlights and it looks good

• Just think of Wiz Khalifa.

What Girls Said 8

• theres a difference between highlights, and full out dyng your hair. I think the highlights look nice, but pleaseee don't dye it.

• go for it and put some caramel to accentuate it the red is too much

• I think highlights look nice on ANY hair style if they're done correctly. The goal it for it to look natural and sunkissed. I wasn't a huge fan of the red ones.. as someone said it's riskier because you might end up looking like Ronald McDonald.

• Lowlights and highlights would look good

• I think aubrn would be perfect brownish red doesn't look too red but it also has a hint to red so its a natural color..maybe curlynikki.com has some good examples

• Try it. If you don't like it, go back to your natural color

• No bleach is terrible on our hair if you do high lights try it with a perement color not bleach and condition it weekly and if its not too much id love best answer

• i never knew people put bleach in their hair ... I wasn going to use henna

• I like the second pic with the highlights. And the reds look weird, kinda like Ronald McDonald.