I want to get highlights but I have an afro ... does this look weird??

i think that it will look nice on me but I know people are really weird about afros ... what do you think ... I most likely will do it anyways

here's one except it won't be so blond

link

link

link

link

does red look weird?

link

link

Updates:
thanks all for your input ... the ronald mcdonald had me rolling lol ... thanks

0|0
9|2

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the second link and the last of the top four links are really nice, but you would have to make sure it's the right color.

I don't like the reds. However, if you ever braid your hair, I think some red streaks would look nice. (This African child came into where I work the other day. She had this and it looked really nice).

0|0
    0|0
    • even though I could get a blond color because I'm lighter I don't want it ... I don't wand it to look to un real ... more natural now I have dark brown I though maybe some lighter brown ... but thanks bunches... no I don't wear braids I don't like fake things I feel weird

• Yeah, I don't think you should go that much lighter. Maybe a shade or two lighter than what it is now.

And you're welcome! Sorry, my advice isn't that helpful lol.

Yeah, I prefer it natural. My little sister is half Nigerian, but my Mum struggles with her hair, so has it braided lol.

What Guys Said 2

• I think it'd look better natural but I see some black girls rockin blond highlights and it looks good

0|0
    0|0
  • Just think of Wiz Khalifa.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• theres a difference between highlights, and full out dyng your hair. I think the highlights look nice, but pleaseee don't dye it.

0|0
    0|0
  • go for it and put some caramel to accentuate it the red is too much

0|0
    0|0
  • I think highlights look nice on ANY hair style if they're done correctly. The goal it for it to look natural and sunkissed. I wasn't a huge fan of the red ones.. as someone said it's riskier because you might end up looking like Ronald McDonald.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lowlights and highlights would look good

0|0
    0|0
  • I think aubrn would be perfect brownish red doesn't look too red but it also has a hint to red so its a natural color..maybe curlynikki.com has some good examples

0|0
    0|0
  • Try it. If you don't like it, go back to your natural color

0|0
    0|0
  • No bleach is terrible on our hair if you do high lights try it with a perement color not bleach and condition it weekly and if its not too much id love best answer

0|0
    0|0
    • i never knew people put bleach in their hair ... I wasn going to use henna

• I like the second pic with the highlights. And the reds look weird, kinda like Ronald McDonald.

1|0
    0|0