Can a good sense of style make an otherwise average person more attractive?

also can a thinning hair line look good on a guy ever? I'm not a universally attractive guy. I think I'm attractive, but I won't appeal to everyone like a guy with celebrity level looks. and yes, my hair is receding :(

I still have a full head of hair so it isn't horrible but you can tell on the sides of my forehead that it's fading. can a guy still look good?

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely, in men and in women. A guy that looks after himself is very attractive. Ever heard of the phrase 'He cleans up well'? That's what it's for. Also you wouldn't believe how much of a difference a hair style can make on women but in particular men (Because a lot of them don't realize how much it does).

To conclude though, yeah fashion sense helps.

What Girls Said 6

• if you have a sense of style, it can be a total turn on. If you like your look and are confident about it, it's definitely attractive for me.

• Ya that's why make overs are effective

• Yes, he can. The great thing about being a guy is that girls go for personality not looks :)

• oh c'mon! that's not true! ;)

• Ya he stands out more

• Yes if it works for girls it can work for guys

• Good sense of style can certainly make someone more attractive.

I think you should try looking for hair styles on Google images for people with your hair line. Or try wearing more caps.

• I already wear hats often. I pull them off nicely :)

What Guys Said 1

• Confidence and a sense of humor will get you more play than thicker hair and a pretty face would.

True story.

• True, but add even a modest sense of style to that and you're in good shape too :p

• No doubt. I just don't want him thinking a fresh cut and some nice shoes will change his game. Most of the changes need to happen on the inside and the outside ones will naturally follow.