Is being cute always a bad thing?

I'm 17 and about to be a senior in high school, but I Iook younger. People tend to think I'm a freshman (around 14) which makes me feel a bit insecure. Anyways, I've been called cute and adorable by guys, but never pretty or beautiful. I know I'm chubby so they probably won't ever call me pretty, but is cute a bad thing? Like am I cute in a little-kid-I-will-never-date-you kind of way?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, cute is not bad. And there are things you can do to change your image. Trust me, you are going to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your youthful look in years to come, when all of your contemporaries look their age & older, and YOU look 10-15 years younger! lol So, reinvent yourself for your senior year, hon. Chuck a couple of pounds, get a sassy new, more mature hair cut, get a couple of sassy outfits & strut your stuff with confidence. You are marvelous!

• Thanks! I might actually try that this year. I'm a bit of a tomboy so I mostly live in jeans and tshirts, but I think changing my style could help! Thanks again!

• Good for you! Sometimes we need to shake things up a bit. And we do not keep our HS style...hopefully! BTW, if that is your pix, you are more than cute. Go for it girl! PS: Red or Hot Pink high heels...yes!

What Guys Said 7

• Looking 14 when 17 isn't ideal.

But looking 17 when 20 won't hurt.

And looking younger from age 24 or so onward will be a plus for your whole life.

• Imo cute is NEVER bad. Girls that are more "cutesy", on average, usually get approached by higher quality of dudes than "super-hot" girls do.

Here's a question I posted LONG ago here that will highlight this for you:

link

You can thank me later. :)

• Always? No certainly not.

Cute is good. It's very feminine and nice.

• Cute is fine, no reason to be insecure about it, but I know what you mean. I think you are going to lose some of that baby fat and by the time you are in your first year of college you'll be tired of guys telling you how beautiful you are.

• "I know I'm chubby so they probably won't ever call me pretty"

Ever? You have your whole life ahead of you and your metabolism is high at this age. Just fix your eating habits.

• Cute is better than hot. Pretty is the same thing as cute to me. Anyways, you look good.

• What? Cute is always a good thing. I at least think cute is better than pretty or beautiful. I'd rather a girl who was cute but not beautiful than beautiful but not cute :) (of course both is better xD)

What Girls Said 0