Would you ever date a woman or man who only thought you were average in looks?

Meaning, they weren't attracted to you at the start, but once they started to get to know you, your personality "shown" through and that's what led them on from the start? I thought about it, and I personally wouldn't. I know at the end of the day, everyone has their own preferences in what they find "attractive". But, I can't see myself with a man who didn't find me physically attractive. Like OK, I find myself to be relatively attractive and the man (my boyfriend) doesn't? I would find that a bit, I don't know if 'weird is the word..but. What woman doesn't want to feel beautiful to their man. You want to show a bit and wear sexy clothes that your man finds attractive on you. Yea, personality is important, and the cliche "Looks aren't everything" line in a relationship, but you want to feel comfortable, and I just wouldn't FEEL comfortable. Your take?

Most Helpful Guy

• Average is fine. Being physically unattractive to her at first is not. Those are two separate things in my opinion.

What Guys Said 7

• I agree. Less looks and more chemistry is what you mean. Good looks vary from person to person. For example, I have a good male friend who has a thing for Latino girls and a female friend from years back who digs chubby guys. You on the other hand may find chubby guys not so hot. The important thing isn't that he looks good so much as he looks good to you. Life is too short to be with people you aren't crazy about.

• I married one.

She was nice, smart & a hard worker.

She got bored with ME.

I admit I worked a lot. 100 hrs. OT a month. How did she think she lived in the house we lived in & drove the kind of car that she did? Somebody had to pay the price. It was me twice.

• So you would only date someone shallow that couldn't see past looks? That doesn't make sense to me.

• That's not what I'm saying...my point being is that if I were to ever be in a relationship with a guy, I'd obviously want him to find me attractive. What girl wouldn't want their boyfriend to feel that way, then again, if he liked me for my personality too, then that's cool too.

• Of course that would be ideal, but that is not what you were asking. You asked if people would date someone that only found them average in looks. Who is so insecure, that they would break up with someone for liking who they are on the inside more than the outside? I guess ugly people would never go out with anyone if that were the case. Of course everyone wants to be seen as sexy by the person they love, but it isn't realistic to think that will always be the case.

• Ok, well maybe I didn't specify neither state the question correctly. I meant by 'average' unattractive. To each his own. The only thing I was trying to get at, which I think you may have missed the point, was I wouldn't date a guy who didn't find me attractive. That's all. It has nothing to do with insecurity. I'm content with myself, but I'd would want my 'boyfriend'/spouse, to be too.

• Ummm... if they were not attracted to me, then I would not want to be with them. If she thinks that I am average-looking overall, but IS attracted to me (based on her likes and dislikes), then I would be (if I felt attracted to her).

• I would not mind. Average is better than ugly. You gotta take what people give you positively.

• I could.

• Yeah I think I would. It'd be kind of a let down, but if we've gotten to the point where we both are attracted to each other, it's not such an issue.

What Girls Said 2

• No because what will happen when he meets a fine girl with a good personality? He'd think of her as an upgrade and drop me instantly. Guys aren't happy with women they don't find beautiful. I wouldn't feel comfortable and secure dating him knowing that other women are more his type.

• See, you're the only one who seems to understand me. I just wouldn't feel content in a relationship like that. It also can bring or arise cheating, god knows that's always one of the reasons why too.

• of course. problem is, I think it'll be hard for me to even get an average looking guy to approach me without some major intervention. I get bombarded with guys that are less fortunate, both physically and mentally. average is all I want to ask for.