How do I change up my style to no longer be "one of the guys"? Opinions from guys and girls would be nice!

I'm 17 and about to start my senior year in high school. I've always been a nerd and one of the guys (weird combination, I know). I usually just wear jeans and a tshirt (like a sports team, band, or comic shirt, nothing fancy) so I can play a game of football or shoot some hoops whenever I want to. I would like to change up my style and be a bit girlier (but nothing too extreme) so people will realize I'm actually a girl. I'm not doing it to get a guy's attention, but to make me feel more confident in myself. Any tips/advice is greatly appreciated!

Most Helpful Girl

• I had this problem, but as soon as I got into high school I just started changing the way I dress. I own so many dresses now and I can now say that the number of heels in my closet now out match my sneakers :D Anyway, back to the point lol If that is who you are on the inside than it might be a bit hard to change the look on the outside and not feel weird when you look in the mirror for a while. I recommend watching America's top models for some fashion advice :D and just begin to look in magazines, news paper adds or anything else so that you can get a feel for a new style of dress. by the way, it doesn't hurt to dress to kill every once in a while even if you dress like a tomboy ^^

What Guys Said 4

• Well I suppose where more feminine clothes, and when you're doing sports, where 'girlie' jeans and tshirts.

And have long hair style too.

But don't give up your interests, there will be guys who will appreciate having things in common and also see you as a girl.

• Dress up girly, don't play football (possibly basketball).

Really long girlie hair?

Highschool will be over soon and you won't see most of them again after graduating probably.

If that's what you like doing, that's what you like nothing wrong with it. If you really want to be a girlie girl you need to do some extremes.

• So do guys like girlie girls better? Or do they like a girl who looks/dresses girlier, but can still hang with the guys? Or are tomboys a good thing?

• You can revamp everything ... or you can just wear tighter clothing.

• Your choice of clothes definitely has a great impact. People are visual, they'll notice it first.

What Girls Said 6

• When you're shopping, look for more stylish (if that's what you want) clothes that fit well and make you feel pretty/good about yourself.

• also think about what flatters your body type, if you haven't done so before.

• watch my life as Liz, she is one of the guys but they guys still view her as a girl cause she knows how to be girls without wearing heels and dresses. Don't change who you are buy removing anything just add makeup or get your hair done

• To start off I would suggest trying some fitted tees, if you don't already try some skinny or flare jeans and wear some flats or boots. Then it won't be to drastic but it will b a girlie twist to what you have been wearing.

• Wear your hair down or in a bun not a ponytail..maybe wear a tank top or scoop/v neck shirt instead of a t shirt..jeans aren't a problem I think a girlie girl can wear them as well as tomeboys

• Nothings wrong with being sporty or not girly

• You don't have to change a lot just wear jewlry