Is short hair bad on a lady?

I just recently cut my hair to a pretty short length. It's midnight black, and frames my face well. I so rather like it, but I've noticed guys like long hair. Is short hair really all that awful?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 10

• I think lots of guys do PREFER long hair, but for most, it wouldn't be a deal breaker.

I joke with my wife that if she ever cut her long hair I'd leave her.

• Not at all. If you look cute with it, and still look feminine too, then I say it's cool.

But really, if you like it, that's what's most important.

• Well, yay!~ My hair doesn't grow very fast, so I'm stuck with it for a while. I do, reeaally like it though. Thank you for your input!

• Is that your short hair in the pic?

Then honestly you don't have anything to worry about, you look incredibly good.

• Gee! It is, thanks for noticing. :D Thank you for the compliment too, made my night.

• It depends on how she wears it and her face shape

On you it looks good

and there are a few girls who can properly rock the pixie cut

• Usually I'm against short hair, but very certain facial structures are gorgeous with short hair, and mandatory dark hair color. I like yours :)

• I think it is pretty OK for a girl with a short hair, it depend on the style the girl is trying to create. If the hair match her style then it is OK. I think the impression that guys like girls with long hair is because nothing much can go wrong with long hair, but short hair is more difficult to style.

• Ah. Thank you. I wasn't aware guys cared if I was having a bad hair day, then again, awh c'mon. Just OK? u.u

• no way

• I LOOOOVE short hair on a girl, the shorter the better. Ever see Star Trek: Deep Space Nine? I had a crush on Kira. Especially after she got her hair cut short. I remember in the late 90s always thinking "Kira's cute, I wonder why most guys prefer Dax, she's pretty but overrated, Kira's the really hot one".

• Generally speaking I like long hair on girls, however some girls can pull of short hair, but a lot can't.

In short, it can be, but it isn't necessarily.

• I'm not a fan, I prefer straight long hair (shoulder length at least).

• Yes it's nasty.

What Girls Said 5

• Nice hair! :D

I think guys will like it if you can pull it off.

Some guys will still prefer girls with long hair, but most don't really care.

• Short hair sure is great. Need the face for it though !

• I think it looks cute or bold/daring

• Uwaa! Thank you!~

• If I could pull it off I wouldn't have to worry about split ends

• I'm sure you could pull it off! You're so right, it is a lot easier to take care of. It styles itself, usually. But, I think anyone could rock a short cut.

• No but it some times make them look older

• ITs edgy