What does a teenage girl wear to a wedding?

I have never been to a wedding and I need help on what to wear! I don't know any rules on what to wear and what NOT to wear at a church wedding. Please help, I want to wear a dress but I do not know really where to go to buy a good dress for a non expensive price! Any rules and stores that you suggest me to know about that you would definitely recommend a girl like me to go to?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you have to be extremely formal.

I'm sure you could find a dress at a department store (like Belk's, Dillards, Macy's, etc) or somewhere like Forever 21 or Delia's.

just don't wear something like a Bodycon dress or something too short (I think slightly above the knee is fine).

What Guys Said 1

• Any non-white formal wear. So a non white dress really is best.

Why not white? it is considered the brides color and to wear it to someone else's wedding is considered taking away the brides attention and special day.

What Girls Said 5

• Congrats I've never been to a wedding either and my teen years are almost over..I only know what to avoid wearing like the color white,a backless dress,and a dress that's too short or shows a lot of cleavage

• I'm going to a marriage soon. I bought a dress at the Gap store in Paris. I'm going to wear heels and a panama (hat).

That's it, I want to be hotter than the bride ;)

• Try to wear something that may not go out of style for a while and avoid wearing completely white, because the bride is traditionally suppose to be the only one wearing white; I don't think that applies to kids/teens... here are some nice styles of dresses =]

link

link

link

• I love the first choice but I'm actually thinking of going with the second! I'm gonna buy it :) Thank you!

• Not sure either but definitely not a white dress well there goes that church dress

• I would guess a dress color like the bridemaid?