Just a question on hair color for both sexes?

I was thinking if dying/highlighting my hair soon but before I do it, when you see a person with colored hair but their roots are showing (that's when the hair has grown out and you can see the original hair color at the top of the head) do you think its kind of gross or not attractive? Cause they colors are drastically different, I mean.

cause if that's the case, I'm not gonna color it a super light color. Lol.

Most Helpful Guy

• link

If you want, I can't make it extremely accurate but you can see some changed ones in the comments.

What Guys Said 5

• I think you'd look damn cute either way. However, I like it when a girl is proud of her natural beauty

• i love long hair on a girl. so I don't care what color it is. I've seen red highlights with dark brown, almost black roots. hella sexy

• I guess you could just dye it back to black when the roots start to show or keep dying it whatever color you want. I think you should bleach inbetween or something so that the other color doesn't interefere. Hope that helps.

• i love highlights its not gross at all.

• I don't mind a few streaks here and there on a girl but natural is always the most beautiful.

What Girls Said 8

• it depends, a little, like a quarter of an inch or so doesn't look bad but 2 inches of unbleached roots make you look like a trailer trash

• Yes, having roots show looks bad, but only with a large contrast between the natural and dyed hair. With colors closer to the natural hair color, it's not a big deal.

• I like that when I have my hair like that since I can keep dying it eventually I go back to my natural color though

• I hate hair colors. People do that to have more beautiful hair or feeling more attractive, but after a few years your hair is a mess ! It can't grow longer than your bra, it's dry and ugly!

Plus, I don't like the concept, I don't see the point of coloring hair..

• Yeah I do think it looks awful when the roots are showing, if you are gonna dye it a super light color then make sure you keep up with your roots!

• I kinda like the look of the new dark hair growth with bright dyed red hair, or on guys an inch of dark new hair growth and blond hair.

• No its cool once it grows out more you've got ombre hair

• It just looks bad if its an unnatural color or blond or black