Half shaved head - Hot or Not?

Does anyone like this look? I will post links to pictures so that you know what I mean but when I first saw it I was like ew why but it kinda grew on me now and I kinda think its hot haha. Thoughts?

link

link

I'm not going to do it lmao just wondering exactly how many people actually agree that its kinda hot if on the right person that can pull it off... And my hair is naturally way to curly to pull of something like that anyway... maybe if it were the 80s haha... But a lot of guys I know think its extremely hot and not manly at all too... I guess it depends on your opinion of what manly is haha

Most Helpful Girl

• I thinks it's awesome and if a guy doesn't like it oh f***ing well people should be more open minded and stop looking for people on the outside more the inside jeez!

What Guys Said 31

• I seem to be the only guy who thinks it looks hot! Do it!!
    I think it looks punky and rebellious. Trying to convince my girlfriend to go for it, but its quite an ask to shave off half her hair :(!
    Just look at Natalie Dormer, she pulls it off to perfection.

• hell nooo... I'm not attracted to semi dudes ..! :P

• No, it's horrible. I can't stress that enough. I take the girl with two sides of hair on their head over the one with one side...ANY day of the week. Twice on Sunday.

• U would really blow off a girl based on only a hair style... dude that in it self is horrible lolz

• Of course we have to agree to disagree. There's no right or wrong, just opinions. Yours just severely conflicts with mine. That's all. And thank you for posing the question. I enjoyed letting this random passionate hate for this haircut out!

• Lol glad I could help ya with your frustration hahaha

• please please don't do it.

• Nah, I like a full head.

• I say not, even though it's pretty much concealed, it makes me think I'm looking at a boy.

• Not. It doesn't look good on guys or girls.

• It *can* look very cool & stylish on the right girl, but that's totally not the same thing as looking attractive, and I would hate for a girl I was dating to do that to her hair.

• Nope, major turn off for me. Most guys like long wavy hair on a pretty girl not a half dude half princess

• How does that make her a dude tho? If she isn't a butchy person and is really girlie otherwise I don't see it as manly.. more edgy and unique I find but thank you for your opinion

• Shaved heads or buzz cuts are mostly associated with guys. So guys don't like it for the most part. Like most girls don't like guys with really long hair right?

• Everytime I see that hairstyle I just think Skrillex lol. With that said, I guess it could alright on the right girl. Seems like a difficult haircut to pull off though.

• NOOOO! Don't do it!

It's the absolutely worst hairstyle fad I've ever, ever seen! It looks so disgusting...

• Like I said in my update I'm not doing it I don't think I could pull it off... But thanks for your answer ha ha to each there own I guess

• That's good.

That's very good!

• GOD NO DON'T DO IT

• Pretty repulsing, if you ask me. I'm not one to tell you how to do your hair; just answering your posted question.

• Everyone has a different opinion, for me I only like girls to be their most feminine. For me its long hair, makeup, soft body, soft voice, fragile, sensitive, etc.

• I could tolerate it... wouldn't say it's hot or unattractive.. just different.

• I don't like it at all.

• No way.

• A few girls can pull it off, but everybody would look better with a full head of hair.

• not

• i really hate this look

• Not really.

• NOT!

• not hot. stupid.

• i find it unattractive

• i kinda like it but I kinda hate it lol

• N000000...!

• as a guy, i like it; I don't know why, but it's sexy to me.

curly hair doesn't make any difference with the half-shaved look by the way. as long as one side is shaved, the other side can just hang naturally & it looks great.

but, i will say that i highly doubt many guys will like it - i tend to like the Posh Spice style haircut & other types of edgy hairstyles, but most guys just like the typical "long hair hanging down" look, so this may be too much for them.

i'd LOVE to date a girl with this haircut if i could find one..

• IMHO the long hair says, "Hey I'm a little hottie, come look at all this sweet sugar. And the shaved side says, "Hey dude, like, I'm into punk and I'm as butch as they come, where are those little sweet hotties at?" No thanks. Leave that look to the confused, mentally challenged and MIley wannabees...

• I think it's very attractive.

• Its hot on the right person also it they wear a hat with it(:

• I agree about the right person thing ha ha I don't see someone like Taylor swift pulling off lmao

• Same ha ha only people with like black or brown hair can do it best.

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 16

• I've seen several girls with partially shaved heads and they were stunningly gorgeous. I definitely think you need the right face and look for it, but it isn't bad.

Btw: 5 stars for alternative beauty! :D

• I like it. Id do it if my hair was long. My hair is too short for that. It would look weird if I did it now. :D

• YAY thank you lol everyone else is making it seem like its so horrible haha... And yea I think mines to curly or I probably would too.

• exactly.

i also don't seek the approval of other people before I do something.

hair grows back anyway. its good to experiment with it. :D

• Agreed!

• I think people can only appreciate a cut like that if they are into fashion (most of the men on here aren't) When it comes to attraction most men in general won't like it since it looks like your partially bald even if it intentional.

To conclude, if you want it (which you don't according to your update) you have to want it for yourself and not really care what men or others think about you. I considered doing it myself at one point (either a head shave or partial cane row).

• skrillix hair? eh its a cute look I agree! but you may regret it when you have to grow it back out.

but I mean if you really wanna do it you should shave it and then dye it. make yourself into a complete badass. I had a friend who did that and it was adorable on her.

• it fits a certain kind of girl, it fits the girl on the first pic but not on the second. Girls that can pull it off are girls like pink and kat von d, the badass girls with tattoos

• I think it really depends on the person and age. But 90% of the time, I'd say I don't think it's hot.

• It kinda grew on me, but there's a lot of up keep to it, you know? Not to mention, people aren't so fond of hiring people with hair like this. Maybe try it if you don't work over the summer or something.

• True but if done the right way it can be hidden... A friend of mine did it and her family is extremely religious and see even makeup as bad so she just parted her hair on the other side when she went to see them and you couldn't tell at all... I think it would also depend on your line of work too

• I never thought you did sorry if it came off that way lol I'm in no way angry or need to calm down was just saying how I felt about it

• Same here. I'm not condoning how society treats people, but it's a reality.

• Not.

I think it just looks very attention seeking and its going to be hard to do a lot of really cute hairstyes with half your head shaved.

• technically this link is a half shaves head...

lol.. regardless, I dislike it. looks terrible when its growing back too :/

• A friend of mine is half shaved ! It's really cool !

Thanks to her wardrobe & her hair, she is damn hot !

• Yes! I think it looks really cool on some people

• I would never do that look

• May I ask why? Don't like it or just not for you?

• I'm a girl and I took the plunge today and did it and I absolutely luv it. Yes, it's very fierce and makes my face look very noticeable. You really have to be prepared for how much it's going to bring out your actual features. For me, it's very liberating, no more hiding behind that long gurly girl hair and while this is different, it's a very good different. I went for a star shaved into the shaved side and I feel like that made me look very punk ish, lol (So maybe skip the design on top of the new fierce cut). Still having a lot of your long hair is nice! I feel like I can actually take the time to curl it and blow dry it better because there's less of it and with the summer coming, less hair feels awesome. My personality already kinda matches this cut, I can be fem but i'm also a bit of a fatale. . . I went for more of the rihanna very noticable look.

The bottom line is if you're feeling it, do it. People really won't look at you as much as you think if you leave half of it long. Learn another way to be gurly other than the stereotypical way. I'm kinda hoping my husband may shave a star in so we can match now, lol.

• I couldn't it took forever to grow my curls

• Not hot ...whyyyyy Cassies!? She's a singer that shaved half her head too

• No!