Guys, does dating a REALLY attractive girl deter you because of the negative attention she would unfairly get?

Guys and girls can answer this question. No discrimination here. 8-)

--------------

Compared to a girl that is more average-or-below looking, a very attractive female will be:

*flirted with, and approached, more often (gentlemanly guys as well as dbag-type overaggressive guys)

*more likely to encounter stalkers (internet and in real life)

*more likely to encounter crimes such as sexual harassment, robbery, sexual assault/rape, etc.

-------

Let's be honest here; although circumstances are out of her control, a girl THAT attractive will have those things occur with her more often.

Therefore, you are more likely to get in confrontation with guys that excessively hit on her and get aggressive with her after she rejects him...

...

...or with stalkers that stalk her on the internet or in person...

...

...or with guys that disrespect her by touching her body without permission (ex. grabbing her ass at a party/bar/club).

-----------

I have literally heard dudes say they don't want to have an (to the demographic of the respective area) AMAZINGLY HOT girlfriend...

...

...because of the increased odds of having to deal with confrontation to protect her, because so many guys would want to desire her to the point of disrespect, or threat to her safety, for reasons said above.

As in, they follow the idea of:

"her hotness bring too much trouble and drama for me".

---------

Guys and girls, please vote and reply as much as you like, sharing input and experiences about why these guys have a point, or are full of sh*t.

Thanks for answering! 8-)

• I'm a guy; after reading this, I would still pursue a really hot female
  • I'm a guy; after reading this, I would be LESS likely to pursue a really hot female
  • I'm a female; after reading this, I would think most guys would still puruse a hot female
  • I'm a female; after reading this, I think most guys would be LESS liikely to pursue a really hot female

Most Helpful Guy

• I voted A. I'm dating a very attractive girl, and as a result, I had to bulk up some(hit the free weights regularly) because of the inappropriate comments and gestures that she has encountered from guys. My physicality has deterred guys from being physical to the point of fighting, however, I have felt threatened for both of our safety when guys are acting out in groups. Her appearance does bring trouble, but I'm her captain, so I'll go down with the ship.

• I love your choices of words :) "Her appearances does bring trouble, but I'm her captain, so I'll go down with the ship" => that's awesome !

What Girls Said 17

• These guys are full of sh*t and are making excuses for the fact they, deep down inside feel they couldn't score a girl "AMAZINGLY HOT." They are just protecting their own egos and making excuses.

• why full of sh*t and all the hate for these gys? As if they are criticising the girl, which they are not.

• Okay, first off I didn't even have my first boyfriend until I was 17, secondly, every guy I have been in a relationship has turned out to be a complete ass. What I have? A constant line of douche bags that only want to be with me because I am hot. I have two degrees and am smart, guys that approach me don't seem to care about any of that, I am just a hot piece of ass they like to show off to all of their friends. I would much rather have a guy that I can have a real connection with. But does that

• mean that I should have to just throw myself at every guy until I find a nice one. Its insecurities that get in the way. I dated one guy that kept telling me I was perfect and kept comparing himself to me and was constantly insecure. I don't ask to be put on a pedastel because of how I look. I am not trying to offend anyone. But I would give any guy a shot if he was confident enough to appraoch me.

• I voted C.

I personally feel that no matter how attractive a guy is if I'm interested in him then I'm interested in him. I put trust in him and the relationship and I don't really care what other people think or do. If something seriously happened like a stalker or what not, we'll deal with it when it comes up.

• Maybe some of them don't like it, but I think to some it's "flattering" to know she's THAT wanted but still chose them. As we girls can enjoy being with a guy all our friends dream of, even if it makes us grind our teeth whenever one approaches him... ;)

• Some of those things may be more likely to happen to a girl who's very good-looking, but not from what I've seen personally. I've seen more guys say they're too insecure and afraid to approach the really attractive girls, for whatever reason. I've seen more guys go after the average or below average girls, because they think of them as a sure thing. They seem to think that by giving girls with lower self-esteem attention, they'll get more out of them. Please don't think I'm being racist with this statement, because it's only an observation, but I've noticed this a lot in African-American men. I've seen so many go after the overweight, not very attractive girls. They give them some affection and the girls take them into their homes, pay their bills, buy them everything... Those are only thing I've observed AND heard guys admit to each other.

I voted D.

• I voted c.

Just because of that, I don't think guys would go for someone they think is "less attractive" to them. But that's just my opinion! :)

• I voted C. I've never seen one of my guy friends not go after a hot girl because of those reasons.

• I'm just subbing to this question..interesting...I wouldn't necessarily consider myself attractive...but I did have a stalker...and have delt with strange men...I do have my first Boyfriend right now...but sometimes he gets really insecure with me...i don't know why...but I think I straightened him out.

• C.

• I like your question all except for the rape part.. Really? A rapist is a sick person they do it for cintrol, superiority..not for sex.. That is like saying don't go out lookn too good ya might get raped.. You had a decent question until you threw that in there..

• Honestly you can't deny that a more attractive woman, in a public setting, isn't more likely to get her drink tainted and raped by a stranger.

I'm curious...why did that word alone spark emotion so much that you wrote all the above, but went so off-tangent that you didn't answer the question?

I'm not condoning rape. I'm saying that she's more of a target cauz that "sickl person" wants to dominate an attractive woman's body.

• I picked c because guys are going to be with who ever the hell they want to be with regardless of what's possible to happen.

• I choose C men are still gonna go after hot women even if they get rejected and pursue them because they are more attractive and guys still chace after girls like this no matter what I have seen it before.

• I hope not, that would make dating that much harder to enjoy, for me. = (

I choose C.

• C.

I think most guys wouldn't care that much.

• Hey I choose C I still think guys go after hot girls either way I know some really attractive girls that get a lot of guys still. I saw an answer earlier about you stalking you have never stalked have you ?

• No...i don't stalk.

I don't get trolled very often for being on this site for as long as I have...but someone is definitely trolling me. :-X

• I didn't mean to be rude if I was just wondering because there's gossip flying around I see then :P Good luck finding the troll.

• I chose C

• yeah I think this is wayyyyy farfetched

although I do think it is harder for hot girls to find a relationship sometimes. because they meet so many guys who just want to get laid

• I chose C.

" so many guys would want to desire her to the point of disrespect"

I almost wanted that from my last relationship. Hourglass figure, pretty face, etc. and I was still more into sex than he was. I usually end up with guys who don't appreciate me...

• So you were "sexually incompatible" with your past bfs? :(

• In a way, yes. I only had sex with 2 guys in my life: both exclusive relationships. One was horrible in bed despite the drive (hurt me cause he did it too hard and had bad hygiene and made fun of my techniques), and the other was good in bed but didn't want me anymore soon after, so it was like pulling teeth getting him to come over. Sex more than once a day was out of the question. Guys lie to me, saying how beautiful I am, how much they love me, how much they want to do me, etc. only to

• figuratively spit on my personality, sexuality, and what I give them.

Mind you, I completely fit the definition of "hot girl" and neither of these guys were hotter than me.

What Guys Said 11

• Definitely not. That's like saying, "I don't want to be a lawyer, because lawyers are rich, and rich people are more likely to get robbed and receive negative attention."

This has to be the absolute worst excuse for having low self esteem and lacking confidence, or being broke, ugly, or lazy.

There's a fine line between not overpaying for a girl that's not worth it, but thinks is all that, and not willing to pay the fair value of something that's worth it.

What you're saying is, "it's not because I can't afford a Ferrari that I don't drive one, no no, it's umm, because someone that might steal it that I don't want one."

Please. Who are you lying to? Because, it's certainly not us.

• Just want to clarify, it's obvious that prof don is not asking this for himself, but the person who originally asked that Q needs to start working on building a basis or foundation for his confidence.

• NO. I voted A. I want the most compatible girl I can get. if she happens to be unfairly good looking them so be it. That's where her character, personality and trust come in. If a girl is in a relationship and she is allowing herself to be chatted up it is something that will happen from time to time and it's up to her to tell these other guys that she is unavailable. If I enter a relationship with a very attractive girl I am her partner not her bodyguard. There are plenty of hot girls who know how to deal with these situations and are quite loyal to their partners while in a relationship

• Well I had that kinda girl in the past. I was dating a tall blond polish girl with a slim figure and great curves. Everytime she went clubbing she always got hit on. Ironically I was not that into her, I just enjoyed the sex. Anyway my strategy was to completely ignore douchebags that approached us. Literally pretend they don't exist, tell them I have to make a call, and then walk away from them and give her the wtf face after he is gone. It was annoying at times but nothing definitely worth it when you take her home and realize you are banging a super hot babe.

• But I get what you mean. I think just about every time I went to pick her up I would meet her at this mall and half the time she would have some dude trying to chat her up.

• I avoided the attractive girls after I learned my lesson from one.

Then some came after me and I learned that they know very well how to cope with negative attention.

• Yeah my friends use to talk about ONS where we would take a shot at our 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice, believing that we would have a better chance with one of those girls. Most hot girls are well aware that they are hot..does not mean that I wouldn't date her...but I would become discouraged that much more easily if she played hard to get or did not give me some kind of encouragement. If you marry something like that, guys are always looking at her and she will be aware that her husband can be easily replaced..possibly with a nice divorce settlement...I guess the bottom line is that personality is way more important than hot looks for the long haul...(:(:(:

• I voted B because I would be less likely to go up to her period just because you know I might think she's already taken.. However my mood might change and I might not care at all and try anyways.

• I go for above average. meaning not 'hot' but not 'ugly' either.

• yes, I would still date one, obviously it's hard to fight instinct

• I chose B, too much work involved with that kind of girl

aside from the problems you mentioned, she would also be high maintenance and annoying, no thanks

• Yeah. It's simply not worth it in my opinion.

• Wow. I've often seen the girls on this site complain about how guys on this site are a bunch of big pu$$ies, but I never really appreciated it until seeing the responses to this question! About HALF of guys would not want a really hot girl out of fear of a little bit of work? What kind of men are you? The day you'd turn down a hot girl for that reason, is the day you should take your penis to a taxidermist. . .

• I concur...i must admit the poll results are a bit shocking from the guys

• Well, now it's only a third of guys who'd wimp out, but still that's high. I guess those sorts of guys are over-represented on here though as they're not too busy getting sucked and f*cked by hot girls so they have time to post sad, emo comments on here. . .