What's the average height of males and females?

Preferably in the US, but I suppose answering for your country wouldn't hurt.

What's the average height for a male and female?

I've looked it up and for females, it says anything from 5'4 to 5'6 and for guys anywhere from 5'7 to 5'10.

I'm just looking for any legitimate sources(besides wikipedia) that someone can post. Didn't think this Q was rocket science but whatever

Most Helpful Guy

• Country and average female height:

Guatemala (Maya people) 142.2 cm (4' 6")

India 152.4 cm (5' 0")

U.S. 164.1 cm (5' 4.6")

Germany 165 cm (5' 4.9")

Netherlands 168.7 cm (5' 6.4")

Country and average male height:

Guatemala (Maya people) 157.5 cm (5' 2")

India 165.3 cm (5' 5")

U.S. 178.2 cm (5' 10.2")

Germany 178.1 cm (5' 10")

Netherlands 184.8 cm (6' 0.8")

What Guys Said 6

• Do you just want us to list our heights because what you looked up isn't consistent?

If so: 5'10"...I'm just average :/

• That range sounds about right for the US and Western Europe.

• If you want some sources you can read the bottom of the wiki article for the actual studies. Then search those studies in your university library for the actual statistical results.

• The wiki data is referencing publications from the United States Census Bureau and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

• Ya know..I have no clue..not going to go stat-looking either..all I know is that I am fine with short or tall..in spite of your stuff about areolae & no oral...personality conflict is what would drive us apart..but you would be a very good friend of mine in the brick-n-mortar world..(:(:(:

• 0|0
  • The ones you looked up seem pretty accurate to me, that's what I've most often heard.

What Girls Said 1

• Switzerland

Male 5'9

Female 5'4

Sounds too short :/

I am around 5'8