Am I the only girl that finds platform heels ugly and obnoxious?

i like the 90s style heels or just a thin platform but nowadays I feel like bigger is better trend is on the rise, I don't even get how girls can walk in those? most girls I see wearing them they pay like $200 for a pair then after one hour of wearing them they switch to flip flips or flats that they carry in their bag as a backup, so its like what's the point?

link

Most Helpful Girl

• hell yes I hate them but I'm more into flats haha

What Guys Said 2

• I'm a man and I love the look of heels on a woman. But, I HATE platforms. They are ugly, clunky, look like some kind of hoof or box attached to her feet, and I even hate the sound they make when on hard floors.

There's nothing sexier than a pretty strappy heel, but adding a platform just RUINS it.

Just my male opinion.

• Those are ugly.

What Girls Said 10

• I would never wear platform heels. I see so many girls who wear them but they have no idea how bad they look when walking in those too high platforms! My best friend is sorta guilty to this and sometimes I'm even slightly embarrassed because she's already tall and now she towers out above everyone when we go out. I'm 5'7 and I never try and wear too hectically high heels just because I hate being taller than everyone else in the room. Makes me feel awkward. The highest inch heels that I own is 3 inches.

• The point is that they add more height without taking any comfort because of the platform. I personally love them for that reason but I find they also look good on the feet: link link

• Actually I love them and I can wear them for way longer than classic heels because my feet are wider than normal also they are way more comfortable to walk in and there is a lot of variety as well. :)

• Honestly, I love them, they're a lot more comfortable than stilettos and I think they look really awesome as well. The shoe-switch happens all the time, not just with platforms.

• I Love em I find them more comfortable than regular.Especially the wedges they are pretty comfy, But I only wear them for about an hour so...

• Are you kidding I love wedges! Those skinny heels are hard on my toes and the arch on my foot

• Not sure if your the only one but I love them but I'm a huge high heel and hosiery wearer. My Boyfriend loves it when I where them too. I can go most of the day wearing them.

• I don't like them either

• Looks more like 70s to me

• My experience with them is that they're actually quite comfortable and I can last in platforms better than regular heels. Maybe not all feet are created equal?