Girls, does a guy's height matter to you?

The common perception is that girls want a tall guy. But then at the same time some women date guys the same height or even shorter! So what is view girls? Is there a minimum height you like? Please do answer the poll and as always leave comments :)

• Yes a guy has to be tall, I do not date short or average height guys
  • The guy can be any height but as long he is taller than me
  • As long as the guy is minimum the same height as me
  • I do not care about height, it's the person that matters to me
I'm very surprised only one girl has voted that a guy has to be tall! Wow lol

Most Helpful Girl

• No, it doesn't matter to me personally, besides being SO tall that it makes some physical things difficult, like holding hands while walking, reaching his lips, 69...

Other than that, I just don't care. I used to, and it was because I was really invested in the idea that a big guy = protection and I liked feeling small. Now it doesn't make sense to me.

Before guys on here make you paranoid that we're all lying when some of us say it doesn't matter, disclaimer: I've had a crush on a guy my height (5'4") and it didn't phase me. It'd be hard to come across a guy shorter than that, but I doubt it would deter me from a person I'm potentially really compatible with? It wouldn't make any sense for me to just write him off. I have high standards but they're things that actually matter to me.

What Girls Said 21

• A guy who is my height wouldn't turn me off, and a guy who is tall wouldn't necessarily seem more attractive. To be honest, if I guy is really tall, it might be really intimidating, because I'm really small (only 5'2"). If he's shorter than me, it might seem odd to me, but still wouldn't turn me off if I liked him. Things like height can't really be controlled or changed, so its a silly thing to judge someone by.

• I like height what can come with height..not really height itself just being totally engulfed in him, I like that safety of being in someone's arms that totally envelope me but I would never not date someone because they were shorter.

But the guys that have liked me and I've really liked them back they have been taller than me by at least two inches..I'm 5'7.

But I would give a guy a chance as long as he was a cool dude of any height.

But it wouldn't hurt to be 6+

Silly girl thing really :1

• Well I'm 5'7, but I "wear" my height so to say. I've always wanted to be 5'7, so I can't complain. When I wear large heels, I'm almost 6', and with average heels, I'm about 5'9-5'10. The shortest guy I've ever been with is 5'7 and the tallest was 6'11. I prefer taller guys just because I want my kids to be tall and I like the way it looks. But I'm not a complete snob. If a guy is good looking and has a great personality and happens to be short, then I won't discriminate. But more often than not, I'm not gonna lie - I'd prefer if he were noticeably taller than I am.

• Because I am short I am used to most short guys being taller than me so it's odd for me when he is shorter but that is so extremely rare. Basically I want him to be taller than me because that is what I am used to but if right guy comes along and he is shorter then I wouldn't care.

• I prefer a man taller than me but am not so closed minded in that I would reject him over height. If we're compatible it wouldn't even be something I'm thinking about.

• I am 176 cm tall, so I've dated guys who are my height, shorter and taller. Ordinarily I would say that height doesn't matter, but to be honest, I don't prefer extreme height differences in either direction. Three inches ( about 7-8 cm) tends to be the most comfortable range for me, when it comes to instant, instinctual attraction - otherwise, I'm looking too far down or too far up!

I wouldn't press the issue though. If a guy is shorter or taller than this and I really like the person, I'm not going to turn him away!

• Right now, I hv nt met a guy I love and all that. So I say, 'i want a guy who is at least 4 inches taller than me. I am 5'6.having said that, I always find guys who are 6 footers attractive.

But who knows what will happen when I meet a guy I love? He might be shorter than me. I might probably change my mind about heights!

• Of the guy is taller than me after wearing 4 inch or even 6 inch heels, you definitely tick the tall enough box. Girls want a guy to be taller than them, it looks better

• i vote both A and B, just because I'm 5'8", and that is considered tall for a woman. I've always been attracted to guys usually at least 6'0"

• lemme rephrase: I don't care if a guy is my height or a couple inches taller, but a majority of the time I'm just naturally attracted to guys that are at least 6'0"...didnt mean to offend anyone or sound like a b**** :(

• Ya I don't want a guy shorter than me with heels on

• I like guys my same height or taller, I do not like to look down on a guy and I hate to look taller than them in heels... I think most girls think this way, but I can only talk for my self.

• I have a friend who's a midget & he asked me if I could date him !

He is an awesome guy but he is like twice smaller than me, I don't really care about appearance but height matters to me !

• Height doesn't matter but I'm short, like 4'11 so all of the guys I dated were a foot taller lol

• Yes, I don't want to come across as shallow (although it's probably already obvious in my other answers), but height matters. I like guys above 5'10, since I'm 5'6.

• Height doesn't matter too much to me.

• Same height or taller than me. Shorter is a no go

• No since most guys are taller than me

• Heck ya but its not a deal breaker

• I'll get downvoted for this, but I have a thing for tall guys. I'm talking like 6'0+ guys. My boyfriend is 6'5 but could top out at 6'7 and that's good. The shortest guy I dated was 5'9. I'm 5'4 and I like tall guys. I live having to look up to see their face. Sorry, but it's true.

• Why would you get down voted? You have a right to your own personal preference so I wouldn't worry. You are honest and that's what matters.

• Because, in my experience, as soon as you tell people you like tall guys, all the short guys get mad and think you're an awful person lol

• I'm not that tall but I respect everyone's opinion! At the end of the day it's preference and whatever anyone says it can't change how you feel.

• I don't ever wear heels and I have an issue with slouching so a guy the same height as me is the shortest I'd go. but it's not like I'm that tall.

• my height or taller is what I like and I am pretty short so like 5'4 or taller aha

What Guys Said 5

• I'd say people have their on-paper preferences all day long...until you get in real life and take things as they come. Some girls do want a guy to be taller (or at least the ones on this site do), but meeting a person in real life is much different than the things people imagine they'd pay attention to.

• As a standard, I think most just require that the guy be taller than them. Of course, I'm basing this off of what people on this site say, and this site is notorious for telling people what they want to here.

• *hear

Now I feel obligated to tell you something you want to hear to make up for being a d*** lol

• Doh! I need to stop using GAG in the early in the morning.

• Their height or taller, rule of thumb. Some women don't mind dating shorter guys, but they are the exceptions. Live by the rule, keep your eye out for the exceptions.

• Women be shallow, yo.

• I went on a couple dates with a girl that was 5'8" and I'm 5'10" and she would tease me saying I should be taller. Taller girls seem to like taller guys even though to me it doesn't matter, I don't care if the girl is taller then me if I like her its not a deal breaker, I am comfortable with my height and in all honesty wouldn't change it. The reason it didn't work out between me and the girl that was 5'8" had nothing to do with height though, more so age and other complications, she was 4 years older then me plus more complicated reasons I'm not getting into!