Are tattoos really still that shocking?

I have a tattoo on my ribs (not very big, about 2"). Recently I wore a shirt that exposed the tattoo. friends that I've had for years seemed shocked when they saw it. One guy knew I had it but when he saw it he said he didn't believe me until then.

I was told they never thought I'd have a tattoo since I barely even drink alcohol or wear makeup. The tattoo means a lot to me, it covers a scar and I chose it very carefully. I don't plan on getting any more and its almost never visible (really, I only have one shirt it shows in and even some of my bathing suits keep it covered).

Is it really that much of a shock?

Most Helpful Girl

• everyone is getting tattoos nowadays so I wouldn be so shock. ill sorta be shock if I knew the person well and I never expected them to get it.

that goes the same as piercings lol

oh yea...ill definitely be shocked if they have a huge tattoo. I mean the ones where you get your whole back or arm inked up.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• Ya a lot of girls don't get it on their ribs

• I guess

• Maybe you don't seem like the type esp if shy

• nope, tattoos are the norm these days. nothing shocking