Do guys really rate girls?

I heard some guys rating every girl that passed by. Do you often do this? Only when you are with friends? Or do you just automatically do it in your head?

0|0
6|15

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of guys do, at least in there heads. Like you, I'd rate a 10...haha j/k. But yeah, I think its almost automatic and instinctual for men to evaluate women they meet for attractiveness, especially when we are young adults. I don't think I've ever used a numerica or letter scale, whenever I find myself doing it, it's either I think she's attractive enough I'd approach her or she's not. Boring and binary but a lot of the cases attraction is subjective anyway, taking myself as an example some countries the women rate me at -2, others maybe an 8 or 9, so a rating is kinda pointless.

2|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 14

• Nope. Either she is noticeable or she's not. My brains going to either go hmm... she's kind of sexy/cute or she's just flat out invisible. If she's noticeable, I'll gauge her interest in me from what I'm picking up from her body language. If there's something there I might talk to her if I feel like it. The only time I really think about numbers connected to a girl, is when I want their phone number. =P

5|0
    0|0
  • It's not a scale thing for me, more "yes" or "no".

3|1
    0|0
  • Guys do rate girls...but not on the 1-10 scale.

We use the binary scale. It's very simple:

0 = wouldn't hit it

1 = yes id hit it

----------

Frankly most guys use this binary scale, than a 1-10 scale.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was told by multiple girl friends that girls did this too.

It's either you find someone physically attractive or you don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never do and my friends don't either. Personally I think it's bad (bad word choice , can't think of a different one). I just decide if I like the person or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • along other guys we might say she is like a 7 or something but otherwise not really

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't rank girl. For me is always the best last girlfriend.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. But in reverse of what you'd think

The numbers refer to how many drinks I'd have needed to contemplate sex with her

So a hot girl is a 1

That's what they do in England anyway

I just go binary. And only to myself in my head

0|0
    2|0
  • rate? no, but I do take in how attractive they are.

if I don't find her attractive as soon as I see her tho, I don't think about how attractive she is.

she has to already be attractive for me to pay more attention to her looks.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol Yes a lot of us do. A lot of us image you naked at the same time so your rated altogether.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes we but I think its subconsious most of the time.

Even then we still judge women often.

However, if we have a girlfriend or woman we are interested we are more keen on them rather other women.

btw you're a cutie MissNobody :)

0|0
    0|0
  • depends. on. the. guy.

i know I do (automatically in my head).

1|0
    0|0
  • auto in the head.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not since high school, and we never used a 1-10 scale.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• I don't think most guys actually use the numbers to say how attractive they think a girl is, but might just use it as a quick reference if they tell their friends about a date they had recently or something... I don't know of any girls that do that often either. Even just in my head, I'll decide if I think a guy is good-looking or not, but I don't actually rate them.

0|0
    0|0
  • From what I've noticed, it tends to be more-so a "yes" or "no" thing rather than an actual rating out of 10. Some guys though, usually the younger ones, do give ratings when they're out with their friends, yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • the only time when guys rate is when girls put up pictures of themselves online asking to "rate this girl from 1-10?"

1|0
    0|0
  • I know they do, but I don't know how much.

I do it to guys to, so I guess I don't mind it. lol

2|0
    0|0
  • When I was 16, my boyfriend's friends did the same thing at the mall when we were all hanging out together :| Luckily, I haven't witnessed it since.

0|0
    0|0
  • why, did some guy shout out a rating to you on the street? lol

0|0
    0|0