Do guys really rate girls?

I heard some guys rating every girl that passed by. Do you often do this? Only when you are with friends? Or do you just automatically do it in your head?

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of guys do, at least in there heads. Like you, I'd rate a 10...haha j/k. But yeah, I think its almost automatic and instinctual for men to evaluate women they meet for attractiveness, especially when we are young adults. I don't think I've ever used a numerica or letter scale, whenever I find myself doing it, it's either I think she's attractive enough I'd approach her or she's not. Boring and binary but a lot of the cases attraction is subjective anyway, taking myself as an example some countries the women rate me at -2, others maybe an 8 or 9, so a rating is kinda pointless.

What Guys Said 14

• Nope. Either she is noticeable or she's not. My brains going to either go hmm... she's kind of sexy/cute or she's just flat out invisible. If she's noticeable, I'll gauge her interest in me from what I'm picking up from her body language. If there's something there I might talk to her if I feel like it. The only time I really think about numbers connected to a girl, is when I want their phone number. =P

• It's not a scale thing for me, more "yes" or "no".

• Guys do rate girls...but not on the 1-10 scale.

We use the binary scale. It's very simple:

0 = wouldn't hit it

1 = yes id hit it

----------

Frankly most guys use this binary scale, than a 1-10 scale.

• I was told by multiple girl friends that girls did this too.

It's either you find someone physically attractive or you don't.

• I never do and my friends don't either. Personally I think it's bad (bad word choice , can't think of a different one). I just decide if I like the person or not.

• along other guys we might say she is like a 7 or something but otherwise not really

• I don't rank girl. For me is always the best last girlfriend.

• Yes. But in reverse of what you'd think

The numbers refer to how many drinks I'd have needed to contemplate sex with her

So a hot girl is a 1

That's what they do in England anyway

I just go binary. And only to myself in my head

• rate? no, but I do take in how attractive they are.

if I don't find her attractive as soon as I see her tho, I don't think about how attractive she is.

she has to already be attractive for me to pay more attention to her looks.

• Lol Yes a lot of us do. A lot of us image you naked at the same time so your rated altogether.

• Yes we but I think its subconsious most of the time.

Even then we still judge women often.

However, if we have a girlfriend or woman we are interested we are more keen on them rather other women.

btw you're a cutie MissNobody :)

• depends. on. the. guy.

i know I do (automatically in my head).

• auto in the head.

• Not since high school, and we never used a 1-10 scale.

What Girls Said 6

• I don't think most guys actually use the numbers to say how attractive they think a girl is, but might just use it as a quick reference if they tell their friends about a date they had recently or something... I don't know of any girls that do that often either. Even just in my head, I'll decide if I think a guy is good-looking or not, but I don't actually rate them.

• From what I've noticed, it tends to be more-so a "yes" or "no" thing rather than an actual rating out of 10. Some guys though, usually the younger ones, do give ratings when they're out with their friends, yes.

• the only time when guys rate is when girls put up pictures of themselves online asking to "rate this girl from 1-10?"

• I know they do, but I don't know how much.

I do it to guys to, so I guess I don't mind it. lol

• When I was 16, my boyfriend's friends did the same thing at the mall when we were all hanging out together :| Luckily, I haven't witnessed it since.

• why, did some guy shout out a rating to you on the street? lol