Attention all attractive girls on GaG- How often do guys approach you?

Let's settle this myth once and for all...do pretty girls get approached more than average/ugly girls, or is it ACTUALLY the opposite- do pretty girls get approached LESS because of the intimidation factor? Thing is I've let myself go a bit, gained about 6 lbs and my body became "untoned" from 3 years ago, and guys are actually approaching me now, not attractive ones, but still guys.

So attractive girls, do you get approached a lot or no?

just realized how ridiculous this question is, because beauty is subjective...also some of you may be over or under-estimating your own attractiveness...so there really is no way to tell how often (or how rarely) legitimately attractive girls get approached, unless Heidi Klum or Kim Kardashian can answer this Q.

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys approach girls if they have something to offer her. So if you don't look like you have high self esteem and appear lonely, guys will approach you.

I'm the opposite. I only want a guy who has something for me. He has to be attractive and manly. He has to have friends (loners are wierd) and if he's got a nice paying career I'm all for him. Weak men are such a turn-off.

I don't get approached because I am fit and have high self esteem. I've mastered the art of brushing off the ugly guys and the poor ones. Just look busy and don't make eye contact!

• good answer.

your first two sentences are really new and insightful.

• And how are loners weird? "Must have friends" sounds kinda weird to me. I need no insulation.

• Look busy and don't make eye contact? Wouldn't that brush off the attractive guys too?

Btw I like that you're being honest

What Guys Said 3

• They get approached a lot. They tell me.

• maybe they frontin'

• I've seen it. Attractive girls get so much attention it's not even funny. Whether or not they get the desired attention they want and from the right guys is a different story.

• "Whether or not they get the desired attention they want and from the right guys is a different story" he knows.

• "Cold Approach"; there's nothing quite like it.

• My attractive girl friends get a lot of attention, it's crazy.

What Girls Said 11

• Okay well I'm by no means a supermodel, but I do think I'm moderately/fairly attractive, yes. I'm always polite and smiling so I don't give off a really "cold" look. But that being said, I have been told numerous times that I'm rather intimidating. Which is really unfortunate since I'm honestly super friendly to everyone (or at least I try my absolute best to be). But yeah, guys hardly ever approach me. I get a lot of stares when I'm out by men and women alike, but almost never does a guy approach/initiate.

• It kind of sucks doesn't it. But the times that I have approached the guys they told me later that they really appreciated it

• Yeah I can relate. My last ex said at one point that when we first started talking he couldn't believe someone like me (his words, not mine) was even talking to him, etc. So I'm trying to take more of the initiative myself when it comes to guys :)

• At uni maybe two or three on my breaks, out drinking six or seven or even more. When I go out with my friends who are guys I might not get approached by other men just stared at til I feel uncomfortable. I attract confident men or at least ones who can fake confidence. I rarely agree to swap numbers or meet up again because well, most of the time rudely interupt me or come on too strong.

• Guys have smiled, said hi, and held doors open for me in real life, but they never flirt or ask me out. I've really only been actively approached online, and that's also the only time I've been called attractive.

• *sniff* never

• Every other month but I wouldn't consider being honked at and guys saying "Hey baby" approaching o.o just creepy sh*t

• I get approached maybe once a month. But there are more variables to consider. Was I wearing a cold expression? Or did I smile at him? Was I alone or with a group? etc

• Usually guys just look at me/check me out. It's rare for a guy to come up and ask me out. Seems like the super confident/cocky ones are more likely to make a move.

• All the time, but not by anyone I think is acceptable.

• Wow! Nice way for you to ask a "ridiculous" question, then slam all the GAG girls. Really nice of you. Really. Nice.

• Unless I make the effort to be, I don't get approached. Men are intimidated by me (proven time and time again). But I do get a noticeable amount of attention, guess that makes me attractive.

Your update is very true though, congrats on picking up on that. Not a lot of people do.

• I especially like the intimidating type; its probably refreshing to have a guy with courage appraoch you and try to lay some game on you.

• others can’t stop staring, some men stumble on their words around me. It takes extra work (on my behalf) for person to feel comfortable around me. But I know I’m intimidating partially because I’m attractive, and partially because I can look cold. A lot of kids tell me I am scary, not to mention I used to have a glaring problem which was self-defence mode whenever I was on my own. Mostly grown out of that now though.

• Strike for the non confident men (they use wingmen). For me it's either that or the cocky, egoistical players which I apparently can not get enough of, ugh.

• I don't get approached...but I don't know if I'm average or pretty.

• either you're butt ugly or you're really pretty if you never get approached.

• oh, it looks orange to me...well you're still cute

• oh OK. ha ha thank you :) the girl in the purple is my twin sister actually haha

• When I'm at work, I get a lot of what seem like cocky guys that ask for my number or try to hit on me and then other times there are other guys who seem shy or awkwardly giggle with their friends when I take their order. But outside of work and situations where I'm not already forced into conversation with guys they don't confront me or try to talk to me