Do you think its true love when they're ugly?

Do you think you're truly inlove with someone when you'd love them even if they were ugly?

Most Helpful Guy

• "True Love" is an oxymoron. Love is always true, fake love isn't real. The adjective is unnecessary.

More to your question, you won't ever know, until you die. Even then its a romanticized Idea, like War is. In the end it isn't like that, and never will be. People don't meet those expectations. That is some hollywood brain fart that slipped into society. If someone is attracted to someone ugly there is a trait they're attracted to. Whether its the pheromone the chick is putting out,her ability to communicate properly, or other, there is always something attractive about the person. If they were completely unattractive, they'd better come to terms with it. Although it depends on who the other person is. There are two variables. *you* and the other person. Now finding the one that fits your wants/needs and what have you is just like using a slot machine. Although that wouldn't be much of an excuse to open your legs to every dude that passes by like some girls do.

not sure if the analogy or any of this helped but, if it did, cool.

What Guys Said 7

• Romantic love probably not. But I'd love my family friends regardless of what they look liked. Physical appearance is a factor that can't be discarded when looking at romantic love.

• I think that there needs to be at least some mutual physical attraction present when I'm dating a woman. I do think it is possible to love someone "ugly" though and also the more you get to know someone, I've noticed that they tend to become more attractive if they have a good personality. A girl can look like a supermodel, but if she's a bitch then she automatically becomes ugly to me.

• Maybe it's just true desperation?

Or maybe it's just something you say to get into a hot girl's pants, when she knows you only like her because she's hot?

• When I was with my ex I would have stayed with her even if she would have been severely burned or something like that, so yeah.

• Ah, good for you. Life is much easier to live in hindsight.

• In love-I don't think so. Unconditional love, yes. I thought when you are in love with someone you find them beautiful everywhere. But then again, I have no idea what love feels like; I only know what it feels to really really like someone

• No, absolutely not. Unattractive people do not know how to love let alone deserve to be loved. I'm surprised they are not all shipped off to some island so we don't have to see them doing their, fake love crap, it's just an awful, ugly sight to witness.

• People only say thinks like this when they think that love should be separate from sexual attraction. The reality is the two things are intertwined and reinforce each other. It's foolish to try to separate them.

What Girls Said 5

• Ugly is purely subjective. I can't stand it when people call other people ugly. It's like who do you think you are to call someone ugly. It's your own little made up standard and not universal. Love is love. If you are attracted to someone who might not be exactly what the worlds sees as beautiful then damn right you can love them just as much as you love any other human being. If attraction and chemistry is there, it's there.

• of course it's possible,

you just have to be attracted to someone to be in love with them, alsorts of things can affect physical attraction besides straight out appearance...brains, confidence, the way someone talks, and of course personality... it's hard to find the most beauitiful person hot when they are rude a**holes to everyone.

likewise a confident smile and good sense of humour can make someone much more attractive than you first gave them credit for.

plus, of course, eventually we all be ugly and old so if you don't think you can continue to love someone when the enevitable happens then you shouldn't bother with love in the first place.

• Ah this question is mean, beauty is purely subjective :3 that makes the opposite subjective too

If someone wasn't initially attracted to someone but grew to love them then they could get over the first hesitation.

• only stupid people think that .

• yeah