Opinions on faux hawks?

For a while, the faux hawk has been my go-to hairstyle. Recently, however, I've noticed that sometimes it comes across as douchey, and tacky. What do you think? Girls, you like faux hawks on your men?

Lol.. I don't remember stating that I was going to stop doing my faux hawk.. just wondering what other thought.

Most Helpful Girl

• i like it. some guys look really good with that haircut.

i only think a guy with a faux hawk looks douchey if he acts like a douche.

the haircut doesn't affect my opinion about a guy. :D

What Girls Said 12

• My boyfriend recently took up that hairstyle. Some days I just think to myself, "bro bro bro bro bro." Those days I kind of want to just grab the clippers and make it disappear. Haha. On the good days, I'm a fan. They can work pretty dang well! That's such an inconclusive answer... Sorry.

• I think men's hair down and at it's natural state is the best. Maybe that's just my personal taste though. I mean if its up and forward, doesn't that mean you used gel or wax of one sort? I like touching men's hair and it feels nicer down and soft than up and stiff. You know?

But if you like it up then do whatever suits you best c:

• What if a guy's hair is messy/curly and thick and just WILD? D: I'm actually trying to grow my hair but man the transition from short and looking good to long, that middle part is just HELL. I look like a 90's Will smith/DJ Pauly D hybrid -.-

• HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE them.

• Its better looking than a real mohawk

• I like them

• If it works with his head shape its attactive

If it doesn't then it won't be for the obvous reason and made up ones

Moral of the story if it looks good on you, work that Faux Hawk like its going out of style

• I think the hairstyle doesn't matter its more your personality and persona that makes you "douchey" but that's just my opinion. hope that helped

• very suave/hot, but for me, it does make the guy come off as douchey/conceited. it's a bit intimidating.

• They are for little kiddies, IMO.

• I do the faux braided hair style all of the time :0

• I love them better than the bald look

• A faux hawk would typically be a deal breaker for me. Ideal guy hair is this - link

Short with a little messy length on top. It's perfect<33

What Guys Said 3

• if you like it then go for it

I've been through a lot of hair cuts and this is my favorite style I like on me

I always give the barber this photo (the left one) link

• Who cares if someone thinks they are douchey do your own thing.

• i kinda have a faux hawk and I don't care if people think I'm douchey lol