A guy turning 21, time for shirts & basic t-shirts?

so ladies, when a guy turns 21, you think he should skip all those big logos tshirts & go to something more mature?...any more examples on this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't expect a guy to ditch his entire wardrobe of graphic tees the minute he turns 21! But I think that gradually, you should start replacing your everyday wear for something more "grown up" - in fact I would give that advice to men and women alike. Even if you are still a student, opting for even a plain shirt or button down dress shirt and a nice crisp pair of jeans (no holes or sandblasting on them) will make you feel more like an adult. You'll feel more confident around people because you look good.

I suggest wearing clothes like that when you are out and about, at school, work, even at the store. When you're at home in the evening or even on the weekends you can wear what you like, including graphic tees. But I guarantee that after awhile of wearing more adult looking clothes, you will wear them ALL the time. It will also be good for you to have a nice suit and tie on hand if you don't already - at your age you never know when you are going to be invited to weddings, graduations, or important family functions. They also look good for big job interviews.

My boyfriend often wears jeans and a simple button down shirt with a plain t-shirt underneath. I'll tell you that it looks clean, sexy, and shows that he cares about how he looks to other people. In the summer he often just wears nice shorts, knee length, with plain t-shirts or short sleeve buttoned shirts. But at home he wears whatever he feels like wearing.

What Girls Said 10

• I think big logos are tacky in general, not even just for a 21 year old guy.

When I turned 18, I ditched shirts with words on them as well as my Aeropostal sweaters that said AERO all over it.

Instead, I opted for hoodies that were plain but comfortable, and shirts that I could throw on and still look in style, but comfortable.

GAP is a great shop for plain but comfortable and in style clothing. You could always do Target, just opt for the non-logo items.

• Honestly I think logo t-shirts are fine at 21. It just gets a little odd when I see fourty-year old men in Hollister at the same time as me.. The only thing I think guys should get rid of at that age is the stupid flippy "Bieber" hairdo. That needs to expire when someone turns 17 in my opinion.

• fck growing up. wear what's comfortable. I'm 21 and I haven't felt in any hurry to start shopping at banana republic and sell out my youth. cause I mean yeah I work to pay for college and apt, so technically I'm an "adult" but whatever if I wanna wear vans and a shirt with words on it I will! don't rush life. you'll be wearing plenty of 'mature' clothing when your 30.

• Nah, graphic T-shirts and logo shirts show individuality.

There is not necessarily an age to stop where logo'd shirts or graphic t-shirts.

It all depends to me on what your shirt is saying.

I couldn't give up logo'd shirts and graphic T's (Nintendo characters, car emblems, food, etc.)

I would lose my mind wearing plain blank shirts all the time.

That's up to you, though!

• Just wear what's comfortable and what you think is appropriate.

• If you're still in college I say who cares

• Something more mature. By the way, nothing screams "I am completely devoid of fashion sense" like a shirt with a huge f***ing logo pasted across the front of it.

• Start smal so your not over whelmed like wear an open button up like plaid with a t shirt under

• Dress shirts

• going mature is nice, button downs and polos look best with jeans

What Guys Said 6

• You can still wear graphic t-shirts and what not, but as you get into your twenties, you should start to add button-up shirts to your wardrobe. Plain, no-logo t-shirts can actually look good, but they look better if they have some kind of texture to them.

Sooner or later, you should add a suit or two as well, or at least wool slacks and a couple of dress shirts and ties (paisley is awesome). For my casual stuff, I mostly go to Eddie Bauer and Men's Wearhouse. For my suits, dress shirts, and ties, I go to Jos. A. Bank (I used to work there as well. They have neat sales all the time).

• I'm 20, turning 21 soon as well.

I think at this time it is good for a guy to rethink his wardrobe.

Hats with flamboyant graphic designs should be avoided at this age. No fake jewelry. And shorts, unless it is an exceptionally hot summer day, should only be worn at the gym.

There's nothing wrong with having a few logo or graphic-art shirts, but it shouldn't make up most of your wardrobe. Every guy's wardrobe should have a few nice clothes for upscale occasions.

- Some solid-color t-shirts (Without logos or art)

- a couple pairs of jeans, darker-colored

- a few short-sleeve casual buttondowns

- some polo shirts

- some sweaters

- a light jacket (other than a hoodie)

- a heavy coat for the winter

- a few long-sleeve button-downs

- a good pair of shoes for casual wear

- shoes for running

- a couple of blazers (or at least one)

- dress shirt and dress pants

- a couple of ties

- casual dress shoes for a nice restaurant club

- formal dress shoes for formal events.

• Nah... you can still wear t-shirts and stuff... maybe drop the cheap stuff you picked up just to have something and put some thinkin' into your wardrobe from here-on-out?

Peace, good luck

• I heard a profound saying..Skip the logos. Don't look like a walking billboard.

• I think you should rock button downs and nice pair of jeans to go more mature.

• I think you should skip wearing graphic T-Shirts most days. Graphic shirts just say "hey look at me" "I just paid to be a walking advertisement" and look tacky in my opinion. I wear plain colored shirts and jeans for casual and if I'm going out I'll throw a golf shirt over my T-shirt. I've had comments from girls saying I dress well. The key to wearing plain clothes and not looking like a bum is wearing shirts, pants, and shoes that go together color wise.