Are most women "average" and not "hot"?

Ive seen some beautiful and pretty women but I wouldn't consider them "hot". Even the victoria secret models look great with makeup but without its a different story. for example

adriana lima without makeup:

link

now her with makeup:

link

and allessandra ambrosio without makeup

link

and her with makeup

link

is makeup really the key to making a woman "hot" when they are truly average?

Most Helpful Guy

• Let's define a few words to start with.

"Hot" means "pretty/beautiful, but in an overtly sexual way." It is usually as much or more about body shape and "assets" as it is about face, and there is even a component of how a girl carries herself and even how she dresses.

Most women are average, and maybe 10% are "hot" no matter what. Some girls can be hot with no makeup and dressed in a burlap sack. But there's another big percentage of girls who can, with the right clothes, make-up, and attitude, become hot. It's all about how they accentuate the features they've got, and being willing to sexualize those features to some degree.

And, yes, there is a BIG difference between how women look WITH hair and makeup done (especially a $5000 professional job) and without. Most models and actresses don't look like models or actresses at all when they are in normal street clothes without hair and makeup, because we are so used to seeing them all done up.

What Guys Said 21

• I think they both look crappy either way! If we really are what we eat, they must have both just eaten an ugly pill.

• I never thought adriana lima had a great face anyways. But she has a really attractive body for sure.

Allessandra ambrosio doesn't look so bad without make up. You have one picture of her where she is smiling compared to a mug shot so obv the makeup one would look a lot better

I prefer normal girls I meet outside compared to celebs though and most of them are average, hence the term average. Every now and then id see a girl that stands out like one time this georgeous blond passed by me and 2 other guys, we don't know each other but as she walked by all of us were going DAAAAMMN! not loud enuf though for her to hear us haha

• I consider the everyday girl to look far more attractive then most celebrities. I find it funny when someone tries to express to you an attractive girl whos a celebrity. They'll post or show you a photoshopped to hell picture of the girl while she is covered in make up in a model photo.

Id rather see a natural look

• i agree. I would rather see a natural, unphotoshopped picture of people

• Yep! Coco Chanel discovered that beauty could be bottled like any other product and thus the cosmetics industry was born.

I'd say majority of the people fall in the average, probably why it's called average.

• The none make up pictures are amazingly hot. Models, are not about having the perfect skin as much as having the perfect structure of the face combined with a tall and slim body (hot).. They have beautiful jaws, symetrical face and nose, and usually big gorgeous eyes, luscious lips. I think they are hot with and with out.

• what makes models a commodity in the industry isn't the fact that they are naturally good looking, but that they are easily "customizeable."

I've seen a lot of girls who look better rolling out of bed in the morning (in my opinion anyway) than those models do even with their makeup on. But of course a makeup artist couldn't mold their features like they wanted to like with these girls.

• Average is average. It is the 50% mark. Therefore, 50% of women are at best average.

50%=5/10

I do not find many 5/10 pretty/beautiful.

A lot of makeup just makes you look fake(in my opinion). I tend to prefer minimal makeup when looking for girls to date.

• Yeah that and photoshop. Don't be fooled by ad pictures and videos, half the girls in there are ugly in reality even with makeup. Models just look great a in variety of clothes and a variety of makeup fits their face, that's why they're models. Inversely, naturally drop dead gorgeous girls can't always be models.

Trust your eyes in the real world, not TV, not photos but real live interaction is where you see if a girl is hot or not.

• I see women with heap loads of make up and they expect the guy to be looking good naturally

• But guys are very visual where girls are not...

• yeah, but guys have an easier beauty standard, like guys can have a few wrinkles, stubble evening graying hair and that can all be considered rugged, manly and hot.

rugged is not an option for girls, we re expected to have smooth flawless skin, without an ounce of body hair that's not attached to the very tops of our heads and around our eyes, and even that must always be be kept well groomed and plucked.

• easier beauty standard ? I've see many girls complaining about stubble and want the guy to be clean shaven every damn day,I get more attention the day I am clean shaven ,shaving can be rigorous thing to do frequently and makes the skin dull and rough,why the hell there is sudden increase of cosmetics for men lately? women want their man to be handsome being cute and manly

• less than 5 percent women look good without a makeup.

• People think you're being an ass, but you're honest. Most women benefit from makeup. Very few women are straight up beautiful without makeup and their looks are ruined by makeup. This does not take into account personality. An average girl, to her boyfriend, will be much more beautiful to her boyfriend without makeup because its about her being herself, etc.

• Makeup is fake. I'm really not interested in seeing it.

• 0.0

Most girls I see are above average with makeup.

• What's her face... less noticeable model that ran on 2011's victorias secret fashion show. Joan Smalls? She's real pretty with or without make-up.

But yeah... maybe hair could be a huge factor... this is surprisingly a real good question.

I feel like shooting all these other guys calling it an unfair game though. What the **** are they talking about.

• I like women that don't wear a lot of makeup because it means they are naturally pretty

• Yes, make up does wonders

• Yes make up is a cosmetic mask to hide natural looks.

• I don't know... Allessandra looks pretty hot without makeup if you ask me. lol

• thats funny. I actually find her very unattractive without makeup

• Yea, pretty much. It's really not fair for us guys. A girl could put on makeup and make themselves look way out of our league when in reality they are fairly in our ball park. Makeup can turn a girl from a 6 to a 9 where as a guy who is a 6 can't do anything to make himself look a 9.

• Of course most women are "average."

• The second one still looks pretty hot without makeup, though.

• The normal down to earth girl gets my attention. Nothing wrong with a little makeup but I wouldn't want to date a celebrity type

• I definitely have seen some women without makeup who I thought were hot... I think how you feel about them changes your perspective completely.

What Girls Said 20

• Several comments. First, the official statistic is that the women of Victoria's Secret catalogue as well as commercials and main media represent 5% of the population as far as people that actually have a body type anywhere near that, so comparing yourself to that is unrealistic, not to mention they work really hard to have the bodies they do. Secondly, there are plenty of attractive people in the world just as there are plenty of average people, and what dictates the two things does not simply boil down to looks nor popularity. Everyone has different tastes, what is average to one person is totally not to another. And lastly, makeup isn't the be-all-end-all. It takes a lot more than makeup to impress.

• I don't mean body wise I mean face wise. I am not comparing myself or anyone to them. Most men think these women are stunning but without makeup I wanted to show that they look like everyday women and are probably average. yes I agree it takes more than makeup to be stunning but I just mean facial wise

• Are most women "average" and not "hot"?

Most women are average since average means most common.

In my opinion it's one the keys the other being diet, exercise, hairstyle, and fashion.

• Most humans are average... some are better looking than most of us, which is what makes them "above average" in looks. The key to being above average is having a well-maintained body and a genetically symmetrical face.

Also, keep in mind that everyone looks better and worse depending on how well groomed they are -- including men. I'm not even talking about celebrities, I'm talking about people I know ... looking at them when they are just out of bed or tired/worn out/hung over or when they are standing in florescent light and when they are on a "good day" makes a world of difference. Even people I know who are conventionally unattractive can look pretty sharp with a nice haircut, in well fitting clothes, well rested and wearing a smile.

Also, Victoria's Secret models are selected with greater emphasis on their bodies than their faces...since they are selling underwear.

• I think it really depends on your view on beauty.

If you have little eyes, and you love the big eye look, make up is your 'key' yes. Eg, link not the best picture in the world but it shows how tools like fake eyeslashes can make the eyes look "big and beautiful"

However, if you view beauty as being thin, as opposed to chubby or fat, then make up will only go so fair, your diet and exercise is more important.

It really depends what you think is beautiful. Either you have some insecurities about your features, or you believe beauty is in the face, probably the latter.

• eh,i think both of them are hot either way (my standards have been non-existent about people's looks lately though) but they are average-as in-like most people,but it depends on what you find hot. who says that a run off the mill girl isn't hot to someone? but yes,makeup is there to make women look more society standard friendly. remember cleopatra? it's always been like that,make up is there to make us look ''magical'' and unrealistically-painting level pretty. it doesn't mean girls aren't hot without makeup,it's just that we're too used to seeing them with drawn on lines on their face. (I love make up,but that's cause I love painting)

• Most women are, but there is something called natural beauty, which exists in what I think are the most beautiful women. I think they have a type of beauty others can not compete with.

• I actually think if every since people had access to a professional team I'm sure there would be a lot of woman who could compete and win lol... but I agree with natural beauty. I think we are all naturally beautiful :)

• ...who is absolutely stunningly and almost flawlessly gorgeous?

• Or are men better looking than women. They don't need makeup to look good. And in the animal kingdom, the males are always prettier and more colorful than the females

• I think men are more attractive than women. Granted I am straight but you make valid point about the animal kingdom. In the animal kingdom many times it is the males who get picked based on his physical appearance alone because it signals good genes to the females. Just look at the mallard duck. It makes me wonder if we humans are working against our own nature.

• No I think woman don't see other woman as hot unless they're into women..they can tell if she's atttractive like guys would hit on her a lot but not hot unless sexually attracted which is why a guy can tell

• i think they both look better without anyway...

• average is the new hot.

• Adriana Lima is naturally gorgeous without make up.

• i also find her very unattractive without makeup. I guess everyone has a different beauty standard. thanks for answering

• nobody is pefect, but I think if you look at a picture of someone that has no makeup on you'll think wow that's not a good look, cause its a picture. BUt if you saw a TV interview with them with no makeup on I think it would be a whole other story. Its something about a picture that makes us look worse, without or without makeup, maybe its cause your eye have time to focus on all the flaws that its cause see when the person is talking and constantly moving

• i think they still look attractive. that's why theyre supermodels.

• well you don't have to be attractive to be a supermodel. Even tyra banks said that. You just need something that stands you out or someone who believes in your potential

• Actually, it's more about face shape and bone structure...body shape, proportionality, etc. Models HAVE a symmetrical face, a great body, everything in proportion, no chub anywhere.With or without makeup...because these things are not something that makeup can cover up. Make-up can only accentuate their good looks, making them absolutely stunning.

• Adriana Lima = SHOCK!

• Models are not models thanks to their beauty, confidence is the key !

• Maybe go to the major cities where people care how they look,a lot like maybe too much but they can be uptight

• Celebs are terrible examples

• Holy sh*t that makes a big difference, sorry just kinda shocked because I never wear make up, so I never realized what a difference it does lol

• everyone looks better with some makeup. honestly a girl who is really beautiful with makeup still will look better without it than a girl who isn't gorgeous with makeup on.

it's just that everyone looks better with some

but the really pretty girls will look worse without it yet still better than uglier girls without it

a perspective that people don't seem to take into account