Why do you not go after pretty girls?

This trainer at my gym I think is cute, we don't know each other though I did overhear basically that he does find me attractive. Many people do though (not being conceited but explaining lol) but when I overheard he was just casual about it like you'd say "its raining out" "yeah"... lol. I dont' get it, he won't make any effort or talk to me or anything, and I am intimidated because he's shown no interest and I don't know what to do... could I get him or is he not interested and I need to move on?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I never made a move on about 99.9% of the girls I found really hot and would love to date. The reason is that I don't know if the girl would like it and I don't want to come off as weird or I don't see any way I could ask her out without being awkward and so on.

Asking girls out is hell for A LOT of guys out there.

• but would you try to be near her or try to be open to her chatting with you? I feel like this guy walks off to talk to some other guy when he knows there's a chance I would say hi in passing or something. Like he's not making himself available for me to talk to him haha!

• There has definitely been girls that I've been interested in but didn't make any effort trying make myself approachable. It is humiliating to look like you want to talk to someone but don't have the guts to do so, so you sort of act like you don't care. But the guy you talk about may genuinely not be interested, I don't know, maybe he is already seeing someone.

What Guys Said 5

• Is he single? Are you sure he doesn't already have a GF?

Anyway, for really attractive women, I'd never make a move because I know my place.

• pretty girl means she might have a boyfriend or lots of guys hitting on her or she could be just attention seeker until I get to know her personality, I wouldn't go after her

• do you even know him ?

• Summing it up: Competition. Men feel like they can't compete with all the good looking, successful people hitting on you.

• Well, people may not go for everyone who they is attractive.

He's probably taking his time, figuring out his plan of attack per se haha

• it's been a year lmao. I don't think he's figuring anything out. :( but he's cute damn him...

What Girls Said 2

• just because people are attractive does't mean we want to date them. He may not think you're his type. Besides, if you say he's THAT cute, he probably has a line of girls at his front door.

• maybe he has a gf? or a wife?

move on if he doesn't care.