Isn't make-up just like push up bras?

A push up bra makes you look like you've got a bigger or less saggier chest

which when you would take it off, you would find this out

so isn't make-up the same?

as it's fooling someone to think you look like something you're not

which they'd find out eventually

link

Aren't men being lied to?

and women are just perpetuating their own insecurity

Average girl and average guy is a lot different when you add make-up

Most Helpful Girl

• OMG! YOU ARE SO STUPID! SHEESH! Did it ever cross your mind that girls wear makeup for themselves because they want to look prettier! Not everything is about impressing you STUPID MEN! MY GOD! For your information I am realllly pretty without make up...so why would I wear makeup for some guy or to hide anything? There is nothing to hide...so if I wear makeup (which is not often)..all it does is enhance the beauty I already have...and I do it FOR ME! What the f*** is up with you? "aren't men being lied to." WTF! Women are not created just for your selfish needs..MY GOD! YOU SO ARE PISSING ME OFF! And who cares who is fooled...I do things for me not for other people. And are you telling me the only reason you are attracted to someone is for their looks? that's dumb and shallow...even if a girl looks different with makeup and without it...her looks are not the only reason you are with her. And also the celebrity photos are stupid and unrealistic...THEY DON'T DO THEIR OWN MAKEUP STUPID! And those non-makeup photos are bad pictures. URGH! I wear mascara because I liked how I look in it...I don't even think about guys most of the time when I wear it. Make-up does not equal insecurity idiot! and push up bras work better with particular shirts better than non-push up bras do sometimes. geez. IDIOT! GTFO! There are insecure people who don't wear make-up...you know that right? what do you say about them! -_- These types of questions are so stupid. Get a life dude! What the hell? "find out eventually"? what kind of bullsh*t is this? as if women's whole lives revolve around hiding things from men? Your question is offensive actually. >.<

What Girls Said 25

• The link you posted isn't just about make-up, it's photoshop too. Also, the average girl doesn't have a team of people working for her dedicated to making her look good :P

Anyway, yes, make-up and push-up bras are about looking "better" according to what the media and many guys say is attractive. There are worse things to "lie" about, like charming the pants off of someone, saying you're in love with them, and then cheating on them or something.

If you end up with a girl only to be utterly put-off by how she looks naked without make-up, you're only reinforcing the idea that she needs to wear it in order to be attractive to people and never let people see her without it.

• if nobody wore make up then women would be on more equal footing than before

If I'm not attracted to someone then I can't help that,

if I'm attracted to her when she wears make up then doesn't mean I should be tricked into liking her appearance

A lot of guys don't wear make up and women don't seem to mind

so I think it can go both ways,

if all women are wearing make up and perpetuating this idea

then we can't help finding the women who do wear make up more attractive

• yeah I think the media is a good point,

but I don't think the media forces people to do anything, women still have their own minds

I'm still a virgin who doesn't have a six-pack, not good at sport or likes cars and can't really talk to women

even though the media pushes it on me

• We have our own minds, but it's hard to correct irrational thinking when your mind is filled with insecurities. When I was younger, I used to look in the mirror and be SO disgusted that I'd cry, and I KNEW I was being crazy, but I couldn't just stop it. It took 3 years for me. Some women don't even try because they're brainwashed into thinking that how they feel about themselves is completely justified.

• I guess it'd depend. If it's an occasional thing, just to enhance what you already have, on a special occasion, I see no problem with it. Everyone tries to look their best, whether it's using clothing, hairstyle or makeup, on special occasions.

If it's an every day thing, or it completely changes how your features look...I don't personally understand it. Obvious, it's up to them to do whatever they want with their face.

I think either way, if you can't show the people close to you, your spouse/girlfriend/boyfriend/family, etc. your face without makeup...you've gone too far.

• I don't think it is for TRICKING you into thinking they're hot and what not. I wear make up to cover up acne when I'm on my period, But some people cake it the f*** on, and I don't know why that is. But I think girls do wear mega push up bras to get guys attention... I don't know why else they would wear them. But for make up I think because of insecurities, and them not wanting guys to see a zit, or something, but some eye make is out of control.. Hell I'm glad I don't need push up bras, and extreme makeup to think I look decent.

• Make-up is more like nice clothing, in my opinion. An adornment. Humans do like adornment, for some reason -- not just to "fool someone." I mean, I'm pretty sure that people know that our eyelids aren't colored.

• look at the link, it's a little more than adornment

if guys have to cope with it then girls can do the same can't they

• not saying all look gross

just that some can look a lot better

look at Katy Perry without make-up link

that's not a bad picture, it's just her make-up

if men don't wear make up and women don't mind that

then I don't see why the same can't be done

• If you are so afraid of being "misled" by women and getting a woman you don't actually find attractive enough to deserve you, then see her without her makeup before committing to her.

• And then there are those of us who don't wear push up bras OR makeup...

• I suppose you have a point from a guys view.

But the point of make up is to highlight our good features and bring them out more.

So basically, its something that we already there before but we are making them more noticeable.

Push ups bras are the same.

We already have them, just making them more noticeable.

• Makeup is no different than a push up bra. It is enhancing what is already there. It isn't going to take a flat chested girl and make her a triple D.

Makeup isn't going to take someone who is horribly ugly and make her a model.

Just shut up and deal with it. Most girls wear makeup to impress themselves and other girls, not you.

• I don't wear this stuff for guys. I wear it for myself, to look my best and present a face to the world that I am incredibly proud of, that represents my personality. So you're not really being lied to... it's more like you're eavesdropping on a conversation not meant for you. So don't complain when you don't get the full story.

• "Chestwich" lmao eww!

In a way, I guess. Though maybe false eyelashes could be compared to bra padding, while a sheer lace bra could be equated to eyeshadow or eyeliner.

• In regards to the celebrity photos, the "no makeup" ones are either in unflattering light, lack photo retouching, or sport funny expressions. Some women, like Jessica Alba, Marilyn Monroe and Kylie Minogue still looked fabulous. The other pics were just celebrity grimace faces; not smiley glamour shots. When done right, makeup should only add a little color to one's face and cover up slight blemishes. If someone has really terrible acne scars, it's something they should get treated though...

• In a way because it covers some flaws and accentuates features but it doesn't significantly change your face in my opinion because it only hides so much.

• Have you seen those pictures of celebrities with and without make-up,

you'll see they look a lot different

• Yes I've seen them but those are celebrities and its not just makeup hiding their flaws and their makeup is always done by professionals. Generally women can only hide so much.

• Isn't lying about yourself to impress a girl like a string? Eventualy, she'll find out what a tangling mess you are?

• Yes.

• No its obvious when someone has makeup whell if you can tell but its alsome immposible for a push up bra or stuffing

• hey,society chose to objectify women,to make us something that is there to be pretty and it judges us when we're not-so are you seriously judging us for conforming to your ideals now-seriously dudes,get your sh*t together.

• I hate hen guys say you're fooling them when women wear makeup but those are the same chicks you want to go out with. Be real, if some women didn't wear makeup you wouldn't date them. "Oh, I want someone who is natural looking, doesn't wear any makeup" Uh..BULLSHIT! I find makeup to be 'enhancing, not so much 'fooling. That's on you if you fall for a cake face.

• if we are not attracted to a person should we be lied to?

it's not my fault nearly all women wear make-up that I don't even know what's normal,

I'm supposed to know what I like from that?

• If you're not attracted to her from the start, why are you dating her in the first place? Maybe every time you talk or go on a date with a woman, ask her if she wears makeup. See what you get from that. If you don't like it, date men.. They're always packin natural in the sack. No more complaints.

• yep. its give a fake illusion that isn't there. Just like makeup

• and what make you think we do it all for the guys, I don't wear push up bras though, but I wear makeup and I do that for me and me only

• No maku up enchances beauty

• No mae up expires and gets old push up bras are cheaper too

• oh yeah, sure. you all say you want the natural girl with no make up,what you really mean is you want the girl looks like a super model without trying...well guess what? they don't exist,

maybe the problem isn't that we are lying to you but that men are way to superficial and hung up on a womens physical appearance in the first place...you're unapologetically looks based when it comes to attraction, then you start bitching when we try to make ourselves look good.

if you put more value to integrity and personality we wouldn't be having this conversation.

• yes they are typically meant to make people look better, but that doesn't mean you're being lied to. people don't understand that make up doesn't make a huge difference unless you cake it on. an ugly girl is just an ugly girl with make up on. and usually when people take their makeup off, it isn't that they look bad necessarily it's more so the fact that its different from what you're used to seeing. I only wear a little bit of eye makeup simply to make my eyes look a little nicer. It certainly doesn't make me look like a whole different person.

• these get old already...get a life

• What you're saying makes sense.

Glad I don't wear make-up normally, it's uncomfortable :/ and I even got a Boyfriend who thinks I'm beautiful without it and loves me for me :)

• yeah, pretty much so... but why we use that? because otherwise you guys wouldn't even want to ''find out eventually'' ... I mean, you guys are too much visual and girls had to find out ways to get your attention.

• yes we do it for the shallow men cause if we wouldn't do all these things you would never be interested in us and don't come up with the personality bullsh*t

• girls just put on makeup cause it allows them to feel more confident about themselves. Guys do the same thing whether it's wearing a necklace or keeping their hair cut nice all the time.

What Guys Said 7

• hahaha some of those pictures of those celebs were taken as much as 20 years apart, obviously the "without" pictures being current.

• It's an advantage that women have. I don't like it, but it is what it is and I don't complain about it. Also I never trust those pictures like that because they usually show these celebrities at their absolute worst which is unfair because they are hardly like that at all most of the time. If make up or push up bra's make a girl look better then so be it

• Yes, push up bras are like too much eyeliner--they make girls look desperate. Moderate make-up doesn't make girls look desperate..

• On this particular planet people accessorize themselves to make them look more attractive.

Arguably, wearing a nice tan, bleaching your teeth, having a great haircut, wearing an expensive watch, or a high end pair of shoes and a crisp expensive dress shirt with vertical stripes and smartly cut shoulders for a slimming effect, all make you attractive to the opposite gender in a similar way to a bra or makeup on females.

Fortunately if you take a girl home and you do not like what you see, you do not have to marry her - I reckon guys that put socks in their briefs can face the same reaction. Fundamentally you can take anything too far. A guy with a $5K watch and a BMW who lives with his parents is not dissimilar to a girl whose outfits and body language and verbal hints are all about her boobs when in fact she relies extensively on cutlets and double-bra and what have you.

• I never thought of it like that. Yes, you are right. They are very similar. Great post.

• lol yes

never thought of that.

• women want to be perfect in the eyes of the men