How hard do you work for the body you have?

Question's up there. If you want to go into more detail then the poll, feel free to put a normal answer.

• I work out.
  • I eat healthy / diet.
  • Both
  • Neither
  • I just want to see the answer.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 42

• I rarely work out and I eat moderately healthy. It's a small miracle that I'm not overweight in my opinion lol.

• I used to workout, but this summer I got a very time consuming job that doesn't let me workout. All I do when I get home is go to sleep. I also don't eat very well. So far this has worked for me alright, but this fall, when I go to college, I hope to spend some time in the gym to help keep myself the way I am.

• Ive always been blessed with a high metabolism.

I eat nothing but junk, and do not work out and maintain a weight for 125 lbs at 5'6.

As a child I was always extremely thin and had a hard time gaining weight (and still do).

My mother compliments me on how great I look!

But even though I look physically nice, I am thinking about exercising and eating healthy.

• Metabolism slows down with age you know?

• Youre skinny but you still increase your risk for heart disease by not exercising. Triglycerides from fatty foods are still accumulating and will block and harden your arteries if you aren't exercising to help clear them out.

• Im aware of all of this, which is why I said I am thinking about exercising and eating healthy. Until then I will enjoy eating whatever I want.

• I eat relatively healthy just as habit but I'm not that strict about it or anything and I don't diet. I workout two-three times a week, sometimes that's just a run in the morning or evening with my dogs(:

• I mostly eat healthy, and I get exercise but I don't work out rigorously. I'm pretty moderate about things, and my body isn't perfect, but it's good enough for me. I'm not one for diets.

• I go to the Gym three times a week, skate or surf when I can about twice a week. I eat healthy and do dance lessons, I work hard, not because I need to but because I want too.

• I don't work for my body. I usually just do what I feel. But sometimes I have to tell myself to stop eating or I'll make myself sick, or to eat something even though I'm not hungry to get some nutrients.

I usually eat pretty healthily though.

And I hate exercising, which is bad I know (but maybe good because I'm too thin to burn calories and lose weight). I just don't do it unless I'm forced.

People should realize that unintentional weight loss when you're thin is just as bad as unintentional weight gain when your big. Both pose health risks.

• I just watch what I eat for the most part, a good diet is 60%

Working out is 25%

Laziness is the rest :1

• I run every morning at 4:30 until 6. I go to classes, then go to volleyball which is about 3 hours. Then I go to work. At work I like to do a little exercise with any free time I have. Weekends I hit the gym or run for a few hours. I don't eat more than 2,000 calories a day unless I've worked out extra hard.

• i don't necessarily work hard to achieve a certain body, but more so to feel good. I know that in the long run it will pay off if I take care of myself now. I don't smoke or drink soda. I try to stay away from fast foods. I walk almost everywhere... I don't get up in the morning and routinely work out but I'm conscious and try to keep active. I am naturally thin so I don't have to work to keep weight off. I have decided to try and put ON some weight though. it's proving to be difficult.

• I eat really healthy, no snacking at all lots of fruit and water etc. As for exercise I don't really have to do any, but at the same time I am able to do a lot.

• I run 7 days a week, do core 3 times a week, eat healthy, and weight lift.

I'm running cross country in college so you can say I'm in shape XD

I've worked incredibly hard for the body I have, years of sports workouts, weight lifting, and also being active in general have helped a lot. My mama is a vegetarian so my home cooked meals are always pretty good for me.

• I honestly do nothing, It's the truth. I used to go power walking though but I stopped because my neighbor's dogs kept chasing me.

• I've been the same weight for 4 years so, I guess I'm naturally this way. My mom cooks healthy.

• I watch what I eat more than I work out. I try to work out whenever I feel lazy and... well, gross.

• C.

The one without the other might be better than nothing, but if you really want to see improvement, it will be pretty useless with only one of the two.

• I work out, run, hike, eat as much healthy food, although I must admit I cheat and eat the "delish" food- as in junk. Let's not forget genes and metabolism.

• Not very hard :S I have reasonable diet (homecooked meals, fruit and veg) and in my GAP year I've been waitressing fulltime so I'm pretty active thanks to work but I don't go to the gym or anything.

I'm not quite as slim as I'd like to be but I'm not fat and okay with my body.

• I don't. I'm just lucky that way.

• before no effort. never gained a pound and ate whatever I wanted. blessed with great genes. After the birth control shot I gained 30 pounds and its impossible to lose so I have to work really hard by keeping my weight down and losing it. Eat right, work out, drink lots of fluids, take a multivitamin daily

• I don't eat very healthy or I'm not a gym rat. I work out when I feel I should which is like 4 times a week & I know my limits when it comes to sweets & things high in calories. I've just learned to balance my diet & work out when I feel the need to.

• i am very lazy... so I do little.

• I don't work out just eat healthy

• Never workout thanks to metabolism

• i go to my trainer three times a week, and eat healthy food

• I don't have to work hard at all I used to eat anything I wanted and never really gained any lbs. Some people are just lucky

• I'm naturally thin by genetics and I walk pretty often.

• I eat healthy most of the time, but I gotta have some McDonald's every once in a while. YOLO

• For the one I have? not too much

For the one I want, pretty f***ing hard.

• I eat very healthy. And I work out a couple days a week, but I'm pretty active all the time, so

I don't really have to workout hardcore.

Most excercise I enjoy anyway. I love to dance and do yoga, ride my horses, go running, biking,etc.

• I've always been active throughout my life, so exercise obviously but also having a healthy diet. Even though I've literally been eating fast-food all week o.o I also have high metabolism, so I think I'm naturally slim.

• More from Girls
    12

What Guys Said 23

• I do both but not to a crazy extent. I don't go on extreme diets or sit in the gym 5 days a week for hours on end.

I go to the gym about 3-4 days a week, and try to make a conscious choice to eat relatively healthy. No crazy diets, just limiting my junk food and having a few extra servings of the good stuff.

• 6 days a week gym/training (Muay Thai fighter), I eat super healthy except when I go out with friends to a restaurant haha. My gym days consist of short, intense, ~40 min workouts that are pretty exhausting, 3 days a week weight training (full body) and three days a week cardio (fight training and cardio).

• I do a 5:2 diet, which basically means that 5 days a week, I eat 3-4 meals a day, whereas on the other 2 days, I eat around 600 calories or so (generally a sandwich at lunchtime and some soup around 7).

I run 5km 3 times a week, and do interval training, so around 40% of that is sprinting. On the days where I run, I also do a lot of other cardio work such as martial arts, while also doing ab workouts and stretching as well as yoga.

I do about an hour of weightlifting 3 days a week on the days when I'm not doing cardio, and on Sunday's, I rest and eat normally.

In answer, I work quite hard.

• I have a horrible metabolism, so I have to work twice as hard. I run for 40 minutes every day but two days rest. Then I work out with weights for 20 minutes at most. I do a Mike Mentzer program modified by my weight and endurance levels. After all that, I sometimes do Insanity or Px90 two days a week.

• Both.

• Before I used to play soccer and work out at the same time, so I was very fit. But now since I work 40 hours a week I don't do it any more... Off course I do a lot of physical labour at work, so in fact I have to do little work...i have actually lost wait since I started working at my current job. I do however try to eat healty as much as possible...i don't have any snacks and junk food in my groceries...other than salted top crakers and bread and butter...but that is about it.

• A and B.

5 day a week routine, just another part of the day (treat it like brushing your teeth; you just do it without giving yourself the option not to) and I'm always on a diet.

• Oh yeah; should point out that I have to change the routine about once every couple of months. I usually take a week off before changing routines.

Also, every single time I cheat on my diet (not a weight loss diet) I regret it when it comes time to exercise. The diet is just as important as the exercise. I eat a lot of fish and lean meats, whole wheat for breads whenever possible, lots of eggs, fruits as treats (usually apples, oranges, bananas) and a lot broccoli/spinach/avocado.

• Both. I was not blessed with a high metabolism.

• High metabolism is not a blessing. I spend a small fortune on food because when I do not I am skinny as hell. I HAVE to eat a lot, which is not always easy.

• C, I used to workout, but got sick since 20 days so no gym :( , first I get better then I will start again.

• Both, definitely. Eating healthy is very important, and I believe it's very hard to make noticeable improvements if you're just working out without having a decent diet.

• Both.

• Started working out everyday. FEELSGOODMAN.

• I workout 3 days a week and try to eat a ton of food (I'm an ectomorph). It's hard though, I'm pretty sure I don't eat as much as I should.

• When it comes to training I go hard in the paint man. Diet needs working on though, I eat as healthy as I can until I get that craving for junk food.

• I chose C.

• I don't do anything...mostly cause I'm skinny and can't gain weight.

• Both for sure

• I don't have a very good body but I have had to work extremely hard for it

• A, I work out but I don't eat healthy or diet

• yup, I works out.

• i follow diet and regime of sylvester stallone ...yes there are cheat days ...but that's quite motivating

• I do absolutely nothing and I'm round and beautiful.

• I focus my mind and my subconscious does the work over time