How much make-up it too much? And is my choice good?

Just read the ''have you ever been surprised to see your girlfriend without make up?'' question and it got m thinking...

I wear mascara and I put a little bit of dark eye shadow on my eyebrows, because my eyebrows are naturally not that hairy. I don't paint them on with a pencil or something, I put eye shadow because it looks very natural that way and not that far from what they actually look like.

Feel free to share what you would be OK with your girlfriend wearing. For the girls, share your views on what is too much and what's not :)

Personally I think there\s nothing wrong with a girl taking care of her looks and trying to look prettier as long as she does it in a healthy way and doesn't overdo anything. Like try to dress nice and feminine and stylish but avoid slutty clothes.

Most Helpful Girl

• its too much when it looks caky.

like it looks plastered on. like a mask kind of.

and the girl looks like a whole different person without makeup.

i personally do not like foundation, liquid or powder. I think tinted moisturizer is best, but I still don't wear that.

i wear alittle bit. just mascara. and maybe some blush, or lipstain, or eyeliner if I feel like it. I think its best to keep it simple.

• I agree...and I am sure that you are Awesome! <3<3<3=D

What Guys Said 3

• Sort of confused about what you meant but whatever I caught seems to be good so.

I'd just say keep up the good work! :-)

• :D Thank you. English is not my native language so I guess I could have messed up a bit with the explanation XD What parts didn't you get? Maybe I can explain XD And again thank you very much :)

• It really depends on the person. If you are a model then I understand why make up must be applied. But if you are not, a simple eyeliner will do. Eyeliner is the oldest cosmetic there is lol. and there was a time when men used it also.

• I don't like the facial/cheek stuff...therefore, if you leave the concealer, blush, foundation & bronzer alone then we would get along Just Fine!...

• I've never used such stuff XD My skin is too sensitive :) So I'm taking you're OK with eye stuff? And lipstick or?

• Yes! I am fine with lipstick and I approve of mascara..not a big fan of eyeliner but...if kept reasonable I can deal...eyeshadow is an emigma...some girls look really hot with eyeshadow, while some...like my sister..just cannot wear it...and eyebrow pencil is a good thing..my wife uses it and I probably should as well! <3<3<3=D

What Girls Said 7

• Too much make-up too me is when a girl looks like a completely different person when wearing make-up compared to what she really looks like. One must still try and remain true to yourself. I wear make-up daily but I try and keep it natural and when I do wear more "heavy" foundation I make sure to not overdo other areas of my face. I try to put the focus only on one area at a time to avoid creating a completely unrealistic version of myself.

• as long as the difference is not as drastic as with katy perry,i doubt anyone will mind.

• Its too much if it takes awhile to remove it at the end of the day

• I think if the eye makeup is light it's okay to put blush. Just don't over do it

It also depends on your features

Like Amanda seyfried and Kim kardashian can't have the same makeup done. It would look weird

• Less is more

• When you don't recognize yourself

• you just know when it looks too heavy. some examples are wearing the eyeliner very thick or wearing black when she is pale and light. or heavy colored eyeshadow or bright stuff.