Is it bad to not dress like everyone else?

I feel kind of self conscious about how I dress now.

I've noticed its a tad different than everyone else.

Everyone wears brand clothes but I don't like it. Its too lady like for my taste. Lady like meaning mature and adult like. Its terrible. And some of it is too revealing. I don't want to look sexy. I'm going for the cutesy look. More appropriate for my age and my personality.

Anyway, lately I feel odd. Like I don't belong. Sometimes I feel like I dress like my 2 year old nice. I dress simple but I think its cute. I don't want to look like I care about fashion either. I kind of don't. I usually wear chucks, pants and a cute top. Sometimes with stripes or polka dots. Or boat neck shirts. Usually a cardigan over. Its laid back and I think I look nice but lately I feel self conscious about it.

Girls, do you wear what's in style? Or designer clothes?

And guys,. do you mind if the girl dresses different?

Most Helpful Guy

• Good for you, any girl who doesn't conform to fashion dictates gains a lot of stature in my eyes!

• yeah I really don't like the trendy clothes.

i've never worn it. and I didn't feel like starting to wear it now.

• Kudos...best answer?

What Guys Said 4

• Having your own style is kinda cool! Not everyone is gonna like it, but by showing you're not obsessed with what people think makes you more attractive.

• yeah. I've never dressed like everyone else.

idk why its been bothering me lately.

but I don't care for trends. I usually wear what I feel comfortable in.

• I prefer girls who dress differently. I like people who can think for themselves rather than follow the crowds for everything.

You'll be hard pressed to find me on a day where I am not wearing cargo-shorts/pants, with a pair of trail-runners as my shoes, and a blacked out Luminox as a watch. I don't give a damn what's 'fashionable', I wear it because it's what I like.

Don't follow other people, otherwise you may lose yourself.

• yeah you're right.

i've tried on those trendy clothes and they just don't look right. I look older. and it just doesn't go with me. it just looks like someone else.

i like to wear what I feel comfortable in, and I don't feel comfortable in those trendy clothes.

• I don't mind

But there's a limit

Picture?

• I think it's actually a cool thing for you to be unique!

What Girls Said 8

• I don't wear what's in style by any means, I go for the 1950's pin up girl look with my retro wardrobe or really grungey, floral tea dresses .. band t-shirts and whatever. I hate the fashion, why would you want to look like everyone else? All the girls at the moment look like clones and same for the guys, all in beige chinos - booooring. I'm sure you look fine, good for you for not being over bothered about the style at the moment, it's nice to see that someones original and isn't just wearing something for the hell of it. At the end of the day, if your clothes are comfortable..what's the problem?

• yeah. I've always had my own style. I always wear what I like.

i don't like trendy clothes either. it looks all the same. plus, it doesn't go with me. I would just feel fake if I were to wear it.

idk. lately I feel kind of self conscious about everything. it feels like people look down on me for being different. it didn't bother me before, but I don't know why it is bothering me lately.

i don't care about fashion. I think its dumb. but I don't want people to look down on me.

• Dressing differently is good:) Me too. I don't go with the trend. Just experiment your clothes, but be sure also that you will not look like too exaggerated or effortless. I can say that you dress nice. Lots of boys don't go with girls in uniform (who wears the same clothes as others). Be unique in a way that also appreciative:))

• Nah do your thing! I don't really dress like most people around me, if I did I would feel like I'm wearing a costume.

• not bad at all I usually mix what's in style or sometimes don't get into the trend until its later

• oh yeah. that does happen quite often. I wear or do certain things and somehow it turns into a trend. I hate it.

• I wear whatever looks cute. If you want to dress like that then go for it. Be unique. Be you.

• Never is

• I wear what's in style sometimes but not designer

• ewe chucks are gross on anyone. send links