Guys, do you actually think that all girls dress for you?

I listen to guys all the time saying they prefer a girl who doesn't dress up, who doesn't wear make up and isn't interested in looking good.

Guys, let me tell you: it´s true that there are girls who dress up only to attract male attention, but there are also some girls who (like me) dress up because they like it.

I remember the worst time of my life, I used to have panic attacks, I spent my time in bed without taking showers or combing my hair, it was disgusting.

Now I feel so much better and I it makes me feel great to take a nice long shower, dress up, do my hair and make up and wear heels, etc. I don´t do it for male attention.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not all girls dress for guys. Actually the majority do it for themselves or other girls (competition ). When guys say that they "prefer a girl who doesn´t dress up, who doesn´t wear make up and isn´t interested in looking good" what they are essentially saying is that they prefer the girls that they are attracted to or who is attracted to them to not dress up.

Personally I prefer a girl look her best and be comfortable/confident with her appearance whether that means dressing to the 9's or in sweats.

What Guys Said 16

• Let me tell you something, you are conscious of what you are doing but in your subconscious you are not.

Men are visual creatures, and speaking of evolutionary terms, the female species has adopted to it. Why do you think, make-up, dresses, high heels, and all the female stuff was invented? To attract men that's why. Women are the masters of illusion because we Men are visual.

But if the above doesn't apply to you, then you have a case of Narcissism.

• some girls dress for guys. some girls dress for themselves. some girls have the two reasons. dressing is a must when you want to go out. but of course, people have to care about their appearance. what someone wears is clothes which he/she thinks its normal or appropriate to wear by his/herself and to society, whether its to attract opposite gender's attention or just to satisfy him/herself. and when girls or guys dress to attract opposite gender's attention, they actually do that for the two reasons.

since you don't do it to attract guys then you only have one reason. if any guy is attracted by you.. then it is an unexpected luck.

• I heard from a TV talk show that girls dress to impress other girls, not in a lesbian way but more in a culture kind of I'm more pretty than you or just to show off. I realize it's not all girls but I guess that's one reason girls dress up.

girls dressing up for their self does make sense I know when I'm depressed it takes all my effort not to look like a bum but it can help knowing you look good or at least better than you did before getting in the shower.

• We don't care. We're generally more interested in getting those clothes off!

• "We"? Speak only for yourself please. I think a girl in sexy clothes (clothes that I personally find sexy) is way more erotic than a simply nude girl. It's exciting and leaves a few things to the imagination. And the sexy clothes accentuate her beautiful body and figure.

• Sure. I totally agree. And then you get the clothes off.

• Yeah makes sense. I feel good when I look good, I assume it's probably generalisable to a good portion of the population.

And I'm one of those guys who does like it when a girl dresses up and wears make up(not a like an overloaded canvas, but the right amount to highlight prettyness). So regardless if you do it for me or not, I look and I enjoy :)

• Thank you! When I say "make up" I mean very little make up...

• Mmmmm. Heels.

Oh I think I missed the point of your q.

Yeah I'm aware ;)

• I like girls who dress up

Cause I always do

Cause it makes me feel fancy :P

• My point exactly, if a guy always tries to look fly he'll probably want a girl who suites his style

• Yeah, because let's be real - girls are competitive when it comes to getting attention from guys, and every girl enjoys getting that attention.

(Of course I mean positive attention, which means normal hitting on, it does not include cat-calls or creepy sexual remarks)

Any girl who says otherwise is either lying or not fully aware what she's sayin

• I'm not into girls who dress up but don't mind a girl who draws attention to herself so I don't know where you come from assuming that, In my eyes the girls who where indie clothes are the girls who dress up for me because that's what attracts my attenion and its the style that I'm into.

• That;s OK, you don't have to do it for us, we just like you all dressed up and looking good, smelling good even if it isn't for us ;)

• Nope, in fact I prefer it when a girl dresses up because she likes to.

• You don't need to dress up but no guy wants a girl that's greasy or smells bad.

• Even if you say you don't do it for male attention, you still do it for male attention subconsciously unless you are not attracted to males. Same goes for guys doing it for girls.

• I think the keyword here is "all women". Yes, while you don't do it for male attention, I do know plenty of other women who do it for male attention. You shouldn't really generalize this sort of topic

• No, I fully expect most girls to dress for themselves.

• not at all. girls dress to impress other girls more than anything. do you think many guys can tell the difference in $250 and $50 jeans on a girl? idc if or why a girl dresses up or not but I don't want a homely or dirty looking girl for a girlfriend

What Girls Said 0