Beautiful women are b****** and "ugly"women are kind?

I was browsing another board and I came across a threat that suggested beautiful women tend to be meaner, ruder and/or more high maintenance than women who are considered "ugly" or less attractive. They said this is because less attractive women have to work harder and don't have their looks to do the work for them.

Personally I don't want to judge someone based on their looks (people have often judged me because I used to be over weight but not anymore!) and I feel that only a few people really do.

'm sure it has all been mentioned before but what are your thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• Totally untrue, beautiful girls can be totally sweet and ugly girls evil demons. It just depends on them. Naturally though there will be some that follow the beauiful girls being demons and the ugly girls being sweet.

What Guys Said 5

• Here's the deal, people are lazy. When you are attractive, other people are nicer too you, other people want to be around you, they are more forgiving of your misgivings. That conditions you to expect it out of life, because it always justs happens. Because of that, you don't need to work on your social skills. Even if you drive some people away, others will take their place just to be around an attractive person. So you can get away with being moody, bitching, and high maintenance.

On the other hand, if you are ugly, people see that first. You can't afford to be bitchy/jerkish because other people are all too ready to leave you. If you want to fit in socially, you have to have something that redeems you of your ugliness. That typically means social skill, but being loaded helps too, at least if you want ass kissers.

Over human history, this became a pattern, cut and cloth of cultures.

Of course, that is highly generalized. Plenty of ugly people are a**holes. There have been very attractive people who were goodhearted saints.

• Girls aren't subject to a coin-toss where they either get to be pretty and evil, or ugly and nasty. Most people have so many layers it takes a lifetime to see everything they have to reveal. There are however always examples of both the stereotypes you mentioned that I have encountered personally - the blond b-word and the homely, adorable girl are not unheard of.

There are however countless millions of girls who fall inbetween the two extremes. And in all honesty, there is no girl I would consider truly ugly on the outside if the inside isn't rotten to the core.

• I've worked for a couple of years in buying/reselling furniture and such, and in my experience, along with normal college and all that, good looking and/or more financially successful people were kinder and nicer people to deal with.

• In some circumstances, yes. But it depends on the person.

• No. It depends on the person, but I think there is a higher percentage of bitchy beautiful women than bitchy ugly women.

What Girls Said 11

• Beautiful women are b****** and "ugly"women are kind?

Some are and some aren't as there's beautiful women that are kind and ugly women that are b*tches.

What are your thoughts?

It's likely a case of sour grapes or that beautiful women are judged more harshly on their personality and if they don't want to interact with someone they are labeled meaner and ruder or if they want an equally attractive partner they are labeled more high maintenance.

• That's a load of crap. I'm attractive and I am nice to everyone for the most part and I work my ass off in life.

• Actually, this is correct in some cases, but not always. I've known and observed many beautiful girls think that they deserve the world and can get whatever they want just because they're pretty. I don't think "ugly" girls (depending on what you consider ugly, since beauty/attractiveness are subjective) are necessarily nicer in general, but like another user said, there are more beautiful bitches than ugly bitches, at least from what I've seen. It really just depends on how you were raised and if you're parents taught you to be humble, down-to-earth, work hard and not take things for granted.

• I've met some really bitchy pretty girls, but I have also met some really bitchy less attractive ones. It really depends on the person.

• I'm so glad you shed light on this.

This is fact very true of my own predicament. Except the "popular mass opinion" on this is reversed:

I live in a model apartment with a few other girls like me, and we feel we can't relate with societies social stigmas they've placed on us, because of our profession/job.

Little do they know.. how much cruel, judgmental treatment MOST women place on Us. we are bewildered about how much hostile energy and opinion is speared at us- long before we even know what happened or what we did to make them act like this towards us.

So instead of the pain of being judged and having to painfully try to prove we are not what they think- we just stay together, cooped up in our own little world.

I'd like to hear more stories .. concerning both sides of the issue honestly.

• the weird thing is, when I was young, beautiful people were mean and ugly people were nice. now that I'm older ugly people are mean and beautiful people are nice. Obviously there are HEAPS of exceptions in between, but if I get introduced to someone who is overweight or unnattractive, I find them to be really defensive and a bit unkind, whereas a prettier girl will be nice because she isn't bitter. Young people aren't bitter, and the young girls that are attractive are spoiled with attention and act the way you would if you were spoiled with attention and not mature enough to understand how to act when you're treated that way. Older girls who are pretty and bitches are generally extremely immature and haven't gotten past this point, I have met a few of them and they don't seem very intelligent. They are also generally unhappy because people don't like meanies! Unnattractive people who are nice when older may be a bit insecure or they are just beyond this whole thing about looks, they have realized that being happy and being nice to people makes for a better life in their situation.

• I don't agree fully with that I mean I notice that some girls who are more into their looks seem to be more rude and like they are better than everyone else but also some are caring and friendly and just like to look nice. As for some girls who are not as into their looks or as not as attractive That sounds mean but well some

Are the same some Rude some really nice. Don't know if this fits the question here tho lol

• I think that's not a true generalization.

• True.

Im a kind girl now I know why haha

• people hassle beautiful people a whole lot more than the supposed "average" joe/jane. its like celebrities may seem unfriendly to the paparazzi, its because they are so friggin tired of being hassled for:

sex

jealousy

ppl with self esteem issue

ppl who want eye candy on their arm

ppl who think that a good-looking person will make them a better person

stalker guys/girls

ppl who think hanging out with a looker will increase their odds of getting laid

ppl who feel it is their duty to teach you a lesson, that life is hard and your good looks won't help

the list goes on.

its easy to become b!tchy and irritated, when people with all kinds of twisted agendas rush at you just because you happened to have nice gene arrangement.

• If that person would just spend an hour in wal-mart listening to people and they'd change that opinion fast!

:|