Guys do find long hair on girls more attractive than short hair?

not pubic hairs but head hair

Because a guy I know said he think girls with short hair are a turnoff for him he likes girls to have long hair because they seem more feminine is this true

Most Helpful Guy

• So very glad you clarified as to the type of hair we're talking about. Personally, I don't care in the least. The length, or style, of a womans hair, is something best left to her own discretion, and I've yet to date a woman who didn't handle the job to my liking. Guess I'm odd in this, but hair is the least of what makes the total person.

• Someone's been around long enough to realize there is no way to win with this question! ;)

• Lol. Guilty, as charged. Age may not always bring with it wisdom, but diplomacy is a healthy consolation methinks.

What Guys Said 20

• The long hair usually means they're Asian or Latina, for one thing, and culturally don't share the ball-cutting dominant attitude among US women...and even if they're not a minority, it's a signal they don't have a problem with their femininity, in general...although of course there are exceptions!

But that's why most of us guys react positively to long hair initiially...

• It depends on your facial and body structure. It should always be cut to what suits you. It also depends on color and type of hair. Your hairdresser would be able to advise.

• long hair is a more desireable look for a sexy woman no doubt. but short hair like down to her neck can work too. I just prefer a woman not have like a fro lmao, that sh*t ain't sexy! neither is gettin the AI braids or a ceasar like a dude lmao. the more feminine a woman's hairstyle the better...

• yes

• I couldn't give you an exact Reason why I love long hair on girls...I just do! Long, long long. Past the butt is, I guess, a little excessive, but besides that let it grow!

P.S. And if you do take my humble advice, don't braid or ponytail your hair unless you really need to keep it out of your face. For me, looking at a girl with long hair in a ponytail is like looking at a parked Lambourgini. Pretty enough standing still, I guess, but so much hotter when it's cruisin'!

Yours Respectfully,

A Guy

• short hair as in like resembling a guys is a turnoff but I mean hair that like stops before your sholuder but goes below your ear is fine with me.

• agggg I hate that word minority...

how about people of color or ethnicity anyway it is kinda true a lot of women that are into women cut thier hair short and also in our minds as I said before we are programmed to like women with long and full hair. but some women look good with short hair me personally it doesn't matter to me as long as it 7 inches. omg or if its styled short that is so hot

• i like the shortish/ long hair look link

thats okay for short hair

but I think I would settle for longish

• yes mam ...

• I love a girl with long hair

• I prefer long hair on a woman, but short hair is also attractive, as long as its not a boyish or overly messy kinda style. My ex had short hair but it was a designer kinda cut, really stylish and she has a pretty face so to me, it was as good as long. Depends on the guy...

• yeah,give me something to put my fingers in ^.^ be a plus if the hair feels like silk

• LONG HAIR, past the shoulders.

• Yes

• I would agree with that.

• longer the better, the perfect spot would be just before mid-back

• personally I love long hair but short hair can be sexy on a petite body but not real short

• Long hair is hot

• YES definatly, and also because I have longer hair so it would be weird if we looked the same..

• I LOVE short hair :):)

long hair is good too but I love short hair :D:D:D such turn on

• How short is short to you?

• Umm well some girls can pull off really short but typically.. no shorter than 5-6 inches or something like that (I measured from my ruler lol) not sure exactly but.. you know its too short when you look like a guy from behind or something like that haha

did I mention short hair is a turn on? can't grab on to much but.. its All good...... from behind LOLOL I may sound like a perv but I'm just horny like fox right now

• Then again, every guy has his likes and dislikes...

I myself have an open mind :) so I'm always up for anything if it feels right.

What Girls Said 9

• I have very very very long red curly hair...down to the bottom of my butt. My boyfriend loves it. he hates it when I have my hair up and is constantly trying to take my hair down. bahahaha. But I know a lot of guys who prefer long hair. I don;t know as long as mine, but pretty long. guys like to stoke their lady's hair with hair flowing through their finders. kind of hard to do that with short hair. =/

• I am bisexual so I will answer this from a personal and sexual attractiveness point of view.

I really have no preference for hair length at all. Some hair styles definitely don't look good on everyone. I greatly prefer straight hair or a natural and easy looking hair style to a done-up look. I think that whatever hair length that suits the personality is going to "look right" usually. But then again, sometimes just a simple change alone can make someone "extra sexy" in and of itself. I think it is quite common for someone who has great long hair, for example, to suddenly appear one day with a short hair cut and you realize that they still look sexy and great--even maybe a lot better. As long as the person does NOT look like they just dropped out of the 60s,70s or worst of all the 80s, then I generally think they are on the right track. Hair is such a great thing. We can dye it, cut it and style it and it grows back. It is a nice living and changing canvas for our artistic self-expression.

• yay! I have long hair too ^_^ I personally like long hair on me, because, I can style into so many different styles and I do feel more feminine but I've had short hair before too.

• I think it is true, generally speaking. If you look at all the women men find attractive, like movie stars, models, or even porn stars, most of them have long hair. I doubt that's a coincidence

• Yeah Halle Berry pulled off the pixie cut really well IMO.

• Truthfully , I used to have REALLY long curley haiir and got tonz of attention from it.. but after I decided I got tired of it and chopped it off.. I had guys coming up to me asking me why I did it? they said I deffinetley can rock the hell out of short hair..but would prefer me with the longer length.. I also agree. but I say .. be yourself. try new things.. everyone likes different styles. you never know WHO you could attract. and trust me..it ain't about the hair.. its how you carry yourself.

• You're so lucky!

• well I do whatever I think looks cute or hot on me. Personaly. Like I have hair very similiar to Marilyn Monroe or Julia from the wedding singer...i highlighted it blondish and put red lipstick..I think it looks bold and very classy which is the look I'm aiming for. I also think short hair is easier...men don't often realizie how much work long hair is..=[ So I say whatever looks good on you personally...and whatever boosts your confidence and makes you feel beautiful..thats all that matters to me. =]

• i have short hair and I think from the majority of the girls I seen posted on here have long hair... from my experience my short hair has a lot more work to be done with it (at least mine does)... you can't say that because all the porn movie stars have long hair means that's what is sexy to a guy... they are human they change their hair from short to long just like all of us. now back to ur question... its really up to the guy I know some who think short hair is hot and I know some who rather have the long hair...if ur being yourself what does it really matter... if that's all they are looking for, you don't need them to be honest.

• I think it's all individual but, marketing studies have shown that magazine covers sell A LOT more with a long haired woman on the cover.

Hope this helps!

• i had long hair but I had to cut it for a acting part

i was sad although its growing pretty fast woooo

• i got many more cat calls when my hair was long compared to how it is now :(