Husband looking at internet porn every day.

Husband is looking at porn on computer every day when I am not home. Doesn't know that I know. Should I worry about this? Is it an addiction?

Most Helpful Guy

• It is an addiction. I'm not saying looking at porn is bad or that everyone who looks at porn is addicted, but if he's looking at porn every day, you should worry. I have a very good friend whose parents got a divorce when he was younger because his father was addicted to pornography. If you can control your desire for it, it can be a harmless indulgence. If you become addicted to it, it can ruin lives, not just your own, but your friends' and families'. Individual therapy and group therapy can do wonders for porn addicts.

If you do decide to confront him, be ready. The first words out of his mouth will be "I'm not addicted to it, I only look at it occasionally". This may or may not be true, and if it is, good for you. If he's not completely addicted, it'll be much easier for him to stop looking at it now that he knows it makes you uncomfortable. If it turns out he is addicted, don't let him off the hook. Treat it just as you would a cocaine addiction. Talk to him about it, don't yell, just calmly suggest therapy: individual, marital, and group. When he insists that he doesn't need therapy, ask him to prove it to you by avoiding all porn for a month. It doesn't matter whether or not you keep track of him, the challenge itself should hopefully shake him to his senses. If he makes it a whole month, there's a good chance he'll have realized that he can do without it. If he doesn't, it'll show him just how badly he needs his fix, which will hopefully prompt him to realize the gravity of his situation and seek help.

The worst thing you can do is ignore the situation. The more addicted he gets, the harder it will be to get him clean. Good luck.

• That's nonsense-looking at porn everyday is not an addiction, that's just the same as saying masturbating everyday is an addiction, eating chocolate everyday is an addiction, watching tv everyday is an addiction. It becomes an addiction when you do it lots of times everyday, it is always in the back of your mind and you start to substitute your wife for internet porn.

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 1

• I think its kind of addiction because my older brother is also usually looking at porn by locking himself in his room even though he's already has a girlfriend.Don't you think that guys like that mostly? I think you shouldn't have to be worry because maybe that is an entertaintment for them? Same like kids love to watch cartoon but it is not healty for psychology though.It maybe affect his character toward others but as long he knows that it is just for entertainment and not to become pervert, sorry.. I think that is not a big problem.

• He locks himself in his room and looks at p*rn? Unlike most people who look at p*rn out in the open and master bate in front of everyone