Why don't fat girls want fat guys?

It's a subject about as politically-incorrect as Bill Maher himself.

Many overweight girls are talking about the shallowness of men and how weight shouldn't matter when choosing THEM.

If it really doesn't matter, then why aren't heavy men getting much attention, either? Technically, wouldn't a heavier guy be more interested and feel more empathetic of your difficulties, and therefore be more desirable?

(I'm open for debate on that last sentence.)

I say this because I hate seeing people so unhappy with their own bodies. They need to be with someone who gets it. But many of them get their opinions from thin people who like thin people. It's like me feeling guilty eating a brownie because someone else is on a diet.

You're beautiful, but on a different frame than me or other thin men are usually comfortable with. Find someone who IS on your frame or understands your frame. That's the only way to discover your own beauty, and for him to discover his own desirability as well.

Most Helpful Girl

• i guess because we are a bit hypocritical we want the best and don't consider what we have or do not have to offer, and being fat is not considered the ideal attractiveness

What Girls Said 7

• Well, let me preface this by saying that I don't have a strong body type preference. I'm fat, but I've dated all kinds of bodies.

But your main point assumes that I'm unhappy/insecure with my body, so I need someone who's also unhappy and insecure (which apparently is only possible from fat guys) to understand me. I LIKE how I look. And my boyfriend is a scrawny thing, but he's a damn good listener, so he has always understood me, even when I WAS insecure. We've talked about body image a lot, and even though he says he has never really felt negatively about how he looks, he understands everything I've been though and can fully appreciate where I am now.

• I don't think that's the case. I see both guys and girls who complain about how weight shouldn't be a factor but then won't listen to their own words. I also have a friend at work who is a bigger girl who wants to be the smaller one in the relationship and has a thing for very heavy guys.

• I wouldn't mind a guy who's heavier, like I am. If he's nice I don't care what kind of body he has (as long as he's still healthy).

• There are women who are pretty good at this as well. If you hit the right personality, it totally works.

• I assume it`s the same reason fat guys don`t want to date fat girls. In the end most people will end up with someone who lives a similar lifestyle as them so overweight people date other overweight people and fit people date other fit people.

• I guess for the same reason fat guys don't want fat girls.

• I think its a psychological thing. These women tend to want their significant other to have traits that they lack.

Here is an example; I developed a crazy nose fettish because my nose was huge and not straight; then earlier this year I had a nose job. I wanted a man with a ski-slope or straight (greek nose), I still like men with a nice nose however the guy I have a major crush on has a large Italian nose that I like very much on him.

• I never knew noses could be described and analyzed to such detail.

• I've heard it. I've had girls make rather good comments about my nose, oddly enough. Haven't thought about my nose that way.

• because some are just hypocrites lol

What Guys Said 1

• From what I've seen people seem to match with other people on their same fitness level. Atleast where I live.

• *looks for muscular girl in your pic*

Where I live, it seems like a bunch of thin guys dating big girls, and other girls scarfing down a doughnut saying "a real man would love the curves" or "I can't help it! *nom* It's genetic." Or even "Men used to love fat girls." Please find someone who really understands, instead of trying to tack on the guilt I already feel for rejecting you. Eh?

• Yea there's no excuse for being overweight if you don't want to be especially blaming it on genetics. You may be genetically inclined to gain weight or have a slower metabolism but it's not enough to blame it. I know what you mean tho, I've seen overweight girls act like they deserve a guy who kicks his own ass everyday in the gym. It's their loss.