How symmetrical are your shoulders?

are they perfectly even when you're standing as you normally do? or does one hang slightly higher or lower than the other?

Most Helpful Girl

• My right shoulder is generally lower than my left one, however this is because I used a messenger bag for a long time and so to compensate I stood leaning a little to that side. I did it for long enough that I naturally stand like that to some degree. If it weren't for that my shoulders would be even.

What Girls Said 6

• My doctor said I had one shoulder that was a little higher than the other. You really can't tell but if you look at it real close it is. But my doctor also said I will grow out of it and it will straighten out.

• I've never seen the a difference so the sway must be really small...I won't say they are perfect but..I've never seen a difference before.

• mine aren't even, because I have scoliosis so the right one is higher, but you have to stare to notice and I'm getting surgery next year so then mine will be even

• Mine look/feel the same, I have a c-shaped spine so I don't think that curve affects my shoulders at all

• They must be pretty symmetrical, because they've never been different enough for me to notice.

• My right leg is slightly longer than my left, thus my right shoulder is angled higher than my left

• do you have scoliosis?

• those 2 things you mentioned are symptoms of scoliosis though, just saying

• well I don't have it. I was checked multiple times as a kid when they do those routine health checks at public schools

What Guys Said 3

• I just checked in front of the mirror. I didn't break out a measuring tape, but by eye I'd say when standing normal they are perfectly symmetrical.

• Mine aren't

One is bigger than the other

which makes one clavicle bigger than the other

• one shoulder is bigger? do you have scoliosis?

• Yes one shoulder is bigger because of the muscle and no I do not think so

• I've got mild scoliosis, so my right shoulder is slightly higher than my left when standing normally. My doctor noticed it when I was 14, sent me to a specialist, but thankfully they calculated it was only mild, so I would never need to have it treated. No real effect except at the range or martial arts--I shoot right handed fine, and my right side fighting stance is great, but left side in either field is harder.

• are your shoulder blades different at all? and does one side of your rib very very slightly poke out?