Question about balding?

I am 20 years old. I have worked hard on my body by losing 177 lbs and trying to gain muscle. I just took this picture this week and I noticed it looks like I'm balding. I'm worried, being bald will make me look worse.

Does it look like I'm balding? What can I do and am I doomed?

link

Most Helpful Girl

• Based on your profile picture I would never guess that you were once overweight. Wow...Great job! I once lost around 90 pounds and by the end of it I had bald patches...not pretty...and not normal for a girl. It was because losing that much weight is such a prolonged process on such a low calorie diet...it definitely has some negative effects. The good news is my hair all came back once I started developing a really well balanced, slightly higher calorie "maintenance" diet. Now my hair is normal, healthy, and shiny...and I'm still at my goal weight. = )

What Girls Said 1

• only you can tell if you are balding, you can always try rogaine

What Guys Said 6

• According to your other profile pictures, it seems like you've actually grown some hair compared to the other pictures. Your hairline is simply slightly higher than the average person's. Was your maternal grandfather bald? Old wives say that's where your hair gene comes from and could provide you with some indication of what your future holds.

• He is bald now but he is 75. He had hair for most of his life

• Then you may experience balding when you become middle-aged. I would say you have nothing to worry about until your 30's and, the way technology is going, you won't have to worry then either.

• Bald ripped guys do fine with women.

I'm not sure that you're balding. If you find you are, decide whether to live with it or do transplants or something. Worrying isn't gonna help. Control what you can - like your body.

Congrats on your massive transformation.

• No problems.

Just continue getting buff.

And shave it all off.

And then grow a goatee.

• Yes, you are a little. My friend told me that regaine, or rogaine, or whatever you call it works ... not that I've ever tried it. Might be worth investigating.

• Rogaine to the rescue

• I'm sorry man, but save up, and get a hair transplant.