Guys with long hair, do you take it as an insult or compliment when a girl says 'I love your hair!'

I was wondering because I saw a guy with long hair today and wanted to say that but didn't want to offend him.

I told a guy I liked his hair and asked if it was his real highlights,but he seemed kind of weirded out I said that so it was pretty awkward...hopefully guys don't think I want their hair because mine is only shoulder length and to me for a guy with long hair,its usually longer than mine.

Also I like it more when its wavy or curly so would it be weird to say 'oh its so wavy/curly'?

• Im a guy and I like to hear that
    0% (0)83% (5)36% (5)Vote
  • Im a guy and its an insult
    0% (0)17% (1)7% (1)Vote
  • Im a girl and the guy didn't take it so well
    25% (2)0% (0)14% (2)Vote
  • Im a girl and the guy seemed pleased to hear that
    75% (6)0% (0)43% (6)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
3|7

Most Helpful Girl

• Id say keep it to yourself he might think you only like his hair not him

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• I have had long hair my whole life, and it naturally blondes in the summer a little, so it looks like I have highlights. I cut my hair pretty short a month ago and I like it. But, when I had long hair people would tell me all the time that they like it and I took it as a compliment, I don't know why that would be an insult lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's an insult! Because I have short hair.

But if I had long hair? Oh why thank you! I like your hair better. Can I feel it?

0|0
    0|0
  • Why the f*** would that insult him!?

0|0
    0|0
  • I hear that a lot lol. I don't have really long hair, but it's medium length (I guess long for a guy) and girls love how silky smooth it is and how it has a natural curl toward the ends :P

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to have long hair, I know, crazy teenage years and I used to receive compliments from girls about them. It's always good to hear them, I don't see a reason why should someone take a compliment as an insult.

0|0
    0|0
  • " I love your luscious locs" usually gets my d*** hard

0|1
    0|0
  • i take it as a compliment, but I can tell if they're being sarcastic.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• What's wrong with giving a compliment? However, I'm not sure you should go into depth about the highlights. Telling him about how you like his hair is enough.

0|0
    0|0
  • Won't know unless you try

0|0
    0|0
    • He might have takened it the wrong way